Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,158   Online: 1057

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    At 4-5 times the price of regular Agfa. What a deal!
    Last price of APX in 120 rolfilm was Eur. 2,60 in NL. APX 120 Rolfilm already disappears here in 2004.
    So this Retro film for Eur. 2,90 is more expensive (Eur. 0,30, just over 10%) but not 4-5 times. I am afraid that film prices will rise more and more to the new Ilford level which can be 40% more.

I think users must be happy with smaller manufacturers like Rollei/Maco, Foma, Forte to have some more choice in B&W film.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis
    Last price of APX in 120 rolfilm was Eur. 2,60 in NL. APX 120 Rolfilm already disappears here in 2004.
    So this Retro film for Eur. 2,90 is more expensive (Eur. 0,30, just over 10%) but not 4-5 times. I am afraid that film prices will rise more and more to the new Ilford level which can be 40% more.

I think users must be happy with smaller manufacturers like Rollei/Maco, Foma, Forte to have some more choice in B&W film.

Robert

I'm extremely happy with all of these manufacturers since I sell all of their film.

I do have to correct my post though it should have been 2-3 times the price.

However, we both know what the going rate for APX 100 120 has been in Europe over the last year and here in the states it's less the $2 a roll at some places. By the time the Rollei film arrive over here it's going to be $5+ a roll. Not exactly a deal, and while prices are rising on film, it's not just a price increase. It's a whole new price level for the same film that sold here for as little as $1.89 a roll. Yes, Ilford is raising their prices again. So is everybody. But I don't think we'll see $5+ a roll fp4 120 anytime soon. All I'm trying to get you to admit is that you're paying a premium for the Rollei name. Pure and simple with no value added.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Slitting and confectioning 120 rolfilm in relativ small quantities is expensive so I do not think Eur. 2,90 is for the Netherlands a too expensive price level. Maybe for you in the USA where Agfa dumped their film in the last years for very low prices, even under the German price level which has been 15-20% less than in our country in the past years.

But you indicated already that all prices are rising. The Rollei R3 120 rolfilm is about the same price level than Ilford Delta (around Eur. 4,00) in Holland but the export to USA made it a very expensive film.

I see some interesting development in films. Smaller companies are more interested in the more special films like very fine grain low speed film and I.R. film. Let's hope there will be enough market for it to succeed in these special production.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis
    Slitting and confectioning 120 rolfilm in relativ small quantities is expensive so I do not think Eur. 2,90 is for the Netherlands a too expensive price level. Maybe for you in the USA where Agfa dumped their film in the last years for very low prices, even under the German price level which has been 15-20% less than in our country in the past years.

But you indicated already that all prices are rising. The Rollei R3 120 rolfilm is about the same price level than Ilford Delta (around Eur. 4,00) in Holland but the export to USA made it a very expensive film.

I see some interesting development in films. Smaller companies are more interested in the more special films like very fine grain low speed film and I.R. film. Let's hope there will be enough market for it to succeed in these special production.

Robert

OK, I give up. Rollei isn't getting any premium for lending their name to Maco. Thanks for the clarification.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Rollei and Maco made a new modest investment in films, together with some strategic partners in the film (production) business.

For the new brand they choose the Rollei name, sure for marketing reasons, no doubt about this.
    They try to fill the gaps which are left by a production stop of the special films and 120 rolfilms worldwide from the multinationals.

All their small bulk packings are made to minimize overall costs in small film productions. For the quantity of the special film products, they look nice and are a realistic solution for their problem.

Bye the way: Never give up in film business.

Best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FWIW, Rochester Photographic has some 120 APX stock left.

Earl
    Honey, I promise no more searching eBay for cameras.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin