Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,849   Posts: 1,582,824   Online: 742

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Centon/Seagull DF300

Hi

I have my eye on a Seagull (aka. Centon) DF300 SLR with Minolta MD mount and two lenses (Seagull 50 mm f/1.8 and Tokina 70-210 mm).

Any comments on this budget SLR? I consider it for the new in-my-back SLR. And the lenses for it (Minolta MD) are quite cheap and can be found used easily.

Greetings Morten
    Last edited by modafoto; 09-26-2005 at 01:15 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wonder if this is the same Seagull that makes the TLR's from China? I know nothing of the SLR's and have not actually handled the TLR's, but the TLR's are reputed to be of decent quality, but no frills.

If you can find them, the Celtic lenses made by Minolta in the 60's/70's were supposedly the same glass as the Rokkors, but a less expensive housing. A few years ago, these Celtic lenses were VERY inexpensive; probably still are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Why not just buy a used Minolta SRT and lenses. They are quite reasonable at the present time. Throw in a CLA and what you have is probably better than the Chinese version.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Although I am not a Minolta user I did see at Einstein Products (looking for paper and just came across 2 bodies) a Chinese SLR under the Phoenix Brand with a Minolta mount. From what I saw it seemed to be a reasonable entry level cameras, one with a shutter speed of 1/2000. I don't recall is the higher end had manual wind or power winder.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin