Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,753   Posts: 1,483,900   Online: 1205

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak D-72 was the basis for Dektol. It is not a divided developer, See:

http://www.apug.org/forums/article.php?a=140

The divided developer you are posting about is Main-iac's recipe and he reports that it gives good results. There is no reason why Dektol (or D-72) should have the same recipe as Main-iac's divided developer recipe. If you have further questions, try sending Main-iac a PM.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by narke
    okay. these so much disagreements make me hesitate to use the formula. and, i also noticed the ingredients in the formula are very diffferent in quality with Dektol and i can not figure out why. has anyone ever used the formula?
    I've not used the formula, but if you examine different formulas, you'll see that they can vary a lot in the ingredients they use, their quantities, etc. Especially since this is a paper developer and not a film developer, my own instinct is to say "just try it!" There's nothing like personal experience to tell you whether or not something will work for you. At worst, you'll waste a couple of hours and a few dollars mixing it up and testing it only to find you don't like the results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin