Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,589   Posts: 1,545,918   Online: 1159

Thread: Paper chase

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Paper chase

[COLOR=Navy][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua]Hi all, which enlarging paper do you use for landscape photography? Any specific preferences and is cost a consideration in determining which one you choose?

Thanks Curt[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Any one of a great number.

Some of my landscapes look "best" on one paper, some on another. Some even look best on Bergger Art Classic "Silver Supreme" Portrait G3, in which case that is what I use. No, cost does not enter into it. I'm just as happy with cyanotypes on cheap sketch paper - if that looks best.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Curt
    [COLOR=Navy][SIZE=4][FONT=Book Antiqua]Hi all, which enlarging paper do you use for landscape photography? Any specific preferences and is cost a consideration in determining which one you choose?

Thanks Curt[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    Hi Curt. I bought a box of Ilford RC Multigrade Satin a number of months ago. It was a cheap offer from MURCO in the UK East Midlands. I suspect MURCO had bought a job lot from Ilford which was more than they could use. I tried it tonight when I did some landscape prints from negs taken 42 yrs ago in the Isle of Man.

It seems to suit what are now almost historic views of landscapes with trains and tramways long since gone. I may be simply rationalising things but it seems to fit old scenes. It lacks the "bite" of glossy paper but reminds me of 1950's prints I had seen albeit they would have been fibre paper in those days.

Worth a try in my opinion.

Pentaxuser

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin