Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,614   Online: 795

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Dover Delaware Darkroom Dilemma! Discouraged and disgusted

Well we've just about got Tina's darkroom set to go. Omega D2 with everything she'll need and more thanks to many caring folks here at APUG. I'll be here 2 more days and we've combed the entire state for a package of Dektol and some multicontrast filters to no avail!!!

That isn't entirely true I suppose. I'm sure there's some someplace! We just can't find it anywhere near Dover. Any help for me????
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim, PM me. tim

Images
    I got your filters and can get the dektol PM me.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Images
    Looks like you're all taken care of but if needed I just got a set of under-the-lens Polycontrast and a set of Duponts that look to be in fine shape that I'm never going to use.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    BTW, the day wasn't a total wash. Got to hear the Wanamaker Grand Court organ at the Lord & Taylor store in Philly!

You guys are the greatest! The bigger problem is that I'm hoping to find the stuff locally (Dover DE. +or- 40 miles or so) to purchase because a single printing session with Tina will be worth a thousand e-mails. Can you make paper developer out of D-76??
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep..to gain that which he cannot lose. Jim Elliot, 1949

http://tonopahpictures.0catch.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any film developer (nearly) will work on paper. Don't know about dilution and time, but give it a shot. D76 is plenty cheap to play with. tim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm assuming you tried Cutler Camera and it was a dry well. I've never been there, but five minutes on Yahoo yielded these photo supply retailers within 40-50 miles. I'm guessing that many of them would be able to order Dektol on request and might be able to get it a bit faster and without the added shipping charge that any number of online photo retailers would charge.

-KwM-

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Jim,

I've got filters in Richmond. Not sure about Dektol but I know that there is some Ilford paper dev at my nearby camera store. There's a 10 am bus that I could get the filters and hopefully some paper dev on (I only have 3/4 of a bottle of Ilford PQ here but you're welcome to it). Let me know before 8:30 am if you're interested.

The 10 am bus arrives in Dover around 6 pm. Shipping is less than $21 for the bus.

Mike Davis
    jmdavis@mail2.vcu.edu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim,

here are some comments on D-76 as a paper developer by Richard Knoppow:
    http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...e=source&hl=en

good luck,

Matt

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jimgalli
    BTW, the day wasn't a total wash. Got to hear the Wanamaker Grand Court organ at the Lord & Taylor store in Philly!

You guys are the greatest! The bigger problem is that I'm hoping to find the stuff locally (Dover DE. +or- 40 miles or so) to purchase because a single printing session with Tina will be worth a thousand e-mails. Can you make paper developer out of D-76??
    D-76 has all the exotic elements of a developer, and I'm sure you can make it work very well with about a tablespoon of washing soda or pHPlus from a swimming pool supply house per quart of solution. Some papers will work with just the washing soda.
    Gadget Gainer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin