Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,851   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 835

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Potassium Iodide question of longevity.

I'm making a .001% solution of potassium Iodide for use with the FX-1 developer. Does anyone know how long this dilute solution will last? I bought enough chemicals to make (4) 1-gallon kits. The recipe calls for very little amounts of the potassium Iodide. I will make 1 gallon worth of the developer and I would like to store the diluted Pot Iod solution to be used with each successive 1-gallon kit as I require more developer.

thank you
    bob

Shooter
    Medium Format
    There was an erudite post quite recently.

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/19222-potassium-iodide.html

In the original article about FX-1 ,BJP Jan27 1961,G.W.Crawley suggested making progressively more dilute solutions including 0.1% , 0.01% and 0.001% potassium iodide using water boiled for 3 min and cooled to about 90F.

Make future supplies from the 0.1% and the 0.01%. He said these solutions should keep indefinitely but reject the 0.001% after 2 years.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin