Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,880   Posts: 1,520,509   Online: 841

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm RF

washing sheet film

Presently I wash my tmax 400 8x10 sheets in a 16x20 tray using a Kodak syphon to change the water around.
    Sometimes I get marks on my negs, most visible in the sky areas.
    What is a better way.
    I'm even considering getting either a Zone VIi or Kostiner 8x10 print washer to use for this.
    -Rob Skeoch

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    jobo expert tank. Of course it is a lot more practical if you also develop in the tank.

John Powers

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Rob,

Are you getting the marks during processing or during the wash cycle?

I use a print washer to wash sheet film. Never had any marks from the washer.

George
    George Losse
    www.georgelosse.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Rob;

Consider http://www.alistairinglis.com/ out of Vancouver. Never tried his washers but I've heard good things from this fellow Canuck's products. I'd stay away from a Zone VI washer and they were proven to be very inept at archival washing due to their poor design (I know, I have one !).

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I think I get the marks during he wash.
    -Rob

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Rob i use 12 x 16 trays with a gentle water hose at the bottom overflowing at the top. I have emulsion face up for two negs at a time with a divider separating them.

John.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rob, take a look at this thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...465#post199465

The subject is washing FB paper, but the technique DANCQU proposes is equally applicable to film.

When washing either film or paper it is important to remember that the washing process is a chemical diffusion process. Thus a water soak period followed by a dump or drain of the soak water is the most efficient way to wash both film and FB prints. When washing multiple sheets at the same time in a tray, using hydrophobic layers of material to separate the sheets makes a lot of sense.

I personally wash my sheets of film individually, either in my slosher tray or in BZT type tubes, using the soak and dump method.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I use a hp combi tanks and racks in the variation on dip and dunk described on http://www.largeformatphotography.in...ve-developing/. I get very even development.

When I use trays, I take the advice of the instructor of a semester large format class that I took and use 3 pyrex meatloaf pans. However when I'm done with the fix, I put the negs into a combi rack and rinse with running water in the combi tankwater entering the bottom of the tank and overflowing at the top.

Mike Davis

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Grenier
    Rob;

Consider http://www.alistairinglis.com/ out of Vancouver. Never tried his washers but I've heard good things from this fellow Canuck's products. I'd stay away from a Zone VI washer and they were proven to be very inept at archival washing due to their poor design (I know, I have one !).
    Is this the same as the Calumet brand? I have a calumet washer probably going on 7yrs old. I use washaid and my final wash is an hour so hopefully that is enough, I haven't had any issues yet.. (that's with fb papers)

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I turn on the faucet,and fill the tray,agitate,then dump,-repeat 8 times-just like I do with rollfilm-

many years-no problems

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin