Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,910   Posts: 1,556,192   Online: 1024

Shooter
    Multi Format

Kodak Rapid Process Copy Film (RPC) any experience?

Got a roll from a guy who's got a brick and is making me be the 1st to screw up an experiment. I didn't find any references here in a quick search.

Kodak Rapid Process Copy Film (cat 175 3151)

I probably screwed up 'cuz I think I calculated an effective iso of about 3 if shooting in daylight. Could be even lower than that, but, I am no mathematician and I sort of started estimating

So, I will try to get out Sunday and do some shooting around. The tech sheet included gives little to go on. It says things like "can be developed in standard b/w developers" well... isn't that special. Do I go for D-76 1:1 for about 13 Minutes at 20C and hope for the best?

I hope someone's shot with this before and has a better plan than mine of picking a reasonable starting point and bracketing 18 over/under (roll of 36) and the above developing and using this roll as a base for the rest of the brick.

Thanks,

Brad
    The Darkroom Studios ~ Brad Walker
    27 North Centre Street ~ Merchantville, NJ 08109
    856.488.1546 info@thedarkroomstudios.com
    "Film Ain't Dead Yet!"

Images
    Good Evening, Brad,

Why shoot a whole roll? Just rack off ten or twelve shots with widely varying exposures; then open the camera in darkness, clip off the exposed portion and load it into a developing tank. Cut a new leader on the remaining film and use it for more tests to fine-tune your exposure and/or development.

Konical

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is that the equivalent of the Agfa Copex film? If so, there is an article discussing both films, developing and use in the new issue of Black and White Photography.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Konical... sometimes the obvious just escapes me That and I am sometimes a little lazy :O But, yes, I guess I should do as you suggest.

Jim... not sure, hopefully someone here'll let me know.

Thanks,

Brad

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Brad,

ISO is closer to about 0.06 or thereabouts. It has been some 10 years since I last used any, but I still have a 100 foot roll hidden down at the bottom of my freezer. It was for making direct positive slides for x-rays and worked somewhat well for making "quickie" slides from B/W prints as long as you did not mind the blue tinted base. It was not unusual to have f8.0 exposures in the 40 second range.

Ken

Shooter
    Multi Format

xray copy film

I used this stuff to copy film-based xray images illuminated on a light box. It processed well through the standard 90 second xray film processors (developed around 94 degrees F, if I recall). Exposures for illuminated radiographs ran from 13 to 30 seconds at about f8 on my K1000; distance was whatever needed to include the original image in the field. Originals were sized 8x10, 10x12, and 14x17. I can't remember if I ran it in the dark or not. If I exposed it to the xray safelight, it would have been OC filtered and RPC would then be an ortho film, because most high-speed xray films are orthochromatic. But I might have turned off the safelight; I can't remember.

I never tried developing RPC as regular negative film, but if I had to try, I'd start off with what Kodak recommends for its ortho copy film after doing a safelight test.

K.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks... I'll give it a go this evening.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin