Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,536   Posts: 1,572,724   Online: 767

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Super XX

Super XX

Someone told me that 35mm S-XX is available from Kodak in 400' rolls as movie stock ,approx $127.00/roll

Can anybody confirm this?

Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am sure Kodak could confirm it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I belive it is. Not too long ago I did see something on a company's website that says they stock it. However, do you think I can remember the name of the company???
    As Indiana Jones said, "It's not the age, it the mileage."

Perhaps a Kodak search, as david suggests, or Google.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I belive it is. Not too long ago I did see something on a company's website that says they stock it. However, do you think I can remember the name of the company???
    As Indiana Jones said, "It's not the age, it's the mileage."

Perhaps a Kodak search, as david suggests, or Google.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Be careful about movie film. Some of it has a coating on the back to protect it in a movie camera. This backing has to be abraded off I believe. It is likely beyond the scope of an amateur (or anyone without the "machine") to remove this coating.
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak manufactures two B&W motion picture films Eastman 5231 (Plus-X; ISO 64T, 80D) and 5222 (Double-X; ISO 200T, 250D). There is information for both on Kodak's website. The ISO ratings are for printing on positive film stock which is contrastier than paper. Therefore, if you purchase 5231 or 5222 I would suggest rating them at 125D and 400D respectively. If you can purchase "short ends" you can get this film for $0.10 a foot!. One company which sells these films is Film Emporium www.filmemporium.com or you can google "short ends" for sellers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fhovie
    Be careful about movie film. Some of it has a coating on the back to protect it in a movie camera. This backing has to be abraded off I believe. It is likely beyond the scope of an amateur (or anyone without the "machine") to remove this coating.
    Only certain color negative films have an insoluble carbon black antihalation coating and it's easily removeable once you know what to do. In the past I developed many rolls of 5254 color negative. The B&W films do not have this coating and are more like still films.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    The movie film is Double-X, not Super-XX, an interesting film, but not the old classic.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Steven Soderburg is shooting a movie right now "The Good German" here in LA entirely on black and white. I've assumed it's double x and told my buddy who was working on it to get some "waste" for me. Anything under 250' is usually thrown away. He didn't pull through and now he's on another job.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald Koch
    One company which sells these films is Film Emporium www.filmemporium.com or you can google "short ends" for sellers.
    That's the website I went to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin