Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,513   Posts: 1,543,580   Online: 1121

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Efke 25 sheet film stand development?

Does anyone have practical experience and times for stand developing Efke 25 sheet film in Rodinal?
    Thanks!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dilute 1:200, prewash 5 minutes, leave the film in for 90 minutes without agitation. If you feel the need to change anything, remember that it takes a lot more time to make a very small difference.
    But FX-2 is much better for stand development...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've tried it with some 9x12cm sheet film.

I tried for 45min and 60min - the 60 min had better contrast, but I suppose it depends on the scene as well.

Perhaps try a couple of tests - 60 and 90 minutes and see which one you like best. I have also seen much longer times mentioned.

Let us know how you get on.

Paul

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My routine with Efke 25 (4x5) and Rodinal is:

1) 4-5 min. presoak
    2) 1:100 dilution 68F
    3) I use J&C dev tube, so I agitate lightly the first 30 seconds by rolling the tube in water bath.
    4) Stand dev for about 40- 45 minutes with a couple of light agitations (10 sec)during the first 10-15 minutes. I've even left it in for more than an hour without much difference (I suppose the developer exhausts after a bit).
    5) I use no acid bath, only water (I've been burned by my stop before with Efke)
    6) Handle with care...I tend to scratch my sheets of Efke more than any other emulsion.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin