Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,509   Posts: 1,598,034   Online: 1182

Shooter
    Medium Format

Tmax 400 accidently shot at 100

Hello!

I accidently shot a roll of Tmax 400 at 100. I use D-76 and Rodinal as my developers.

Can someone tell me some development times for D-76 for this mistake?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    cut your normal d-76 time by 25% and you should be close.
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Reduce normal development by 25 to 30% and the negs will be fine
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And pay attention to what you are doing next time Mark!

I agree that your negs will be fine with a little less development, they would be surprisingly good with normal development. By the way Mark, you should always listen to Les, if you are nice I will loan you his book some time.

Paul.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Actually over exposing those 2 stops is not bad. You'll probably get finer grained negatives.
    Underdeveloping for 30% should work fine.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You've actually only over exposed by 1 stop because TMY is really a 200 ISO anyway. You were lucky because with over exposure TMY will look good but with underexposure it is nearly useless. TMY does not suffer under exposure well. Agree with the range of percentage increase in development times given; anywhere between 0-30% will work. Personally I would go with 10-15%.
    Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Funny you should bring this up- I was up late last night testing TMAX400 to get my personal film speed. I actually rate TMAX 400 at 50 (!). So, in my darkroom, you'd find you have underexposing a stop!

This is based on some film tests I did to get a zone 1 exposure equal to .1 density over fb+f. I am using HC110 H dilution (twice as dilute as B), in a jobo drum on a Beseler roller.

Seems odd to rate it so low, but I don't care. I know I'll get detailed shadows. I guess I could rate it at 400, and put my shadows on zone III or IV.

If I rate at 400, and put shadows on zone II, there is not much density there on the negative to print...

TMAX 100 I rate at 32, using the above developing routine and zone 1 density target.

Images
    Mark

I'll bet these will be your best negs ever and that you will be changed always.
    Watch for Loose Gravel

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin