Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,510   Online: 786

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Something interesting from Ilford at Photo Expo...

I had a chat with an Ilford rep at PhotoExpo yesterday (NYC Javits Center). We were talking about the future of the company and he mentioned that the main head shed wanted them to ask film shooters about some possible films that they may consider producing. One in particular was a Delta type ISO 25 film! Not to be a total replacement for Pan F+, but as an addition to the Ilford Delta line.

Apparently, they are working on the emulsion now and there is a possibility that they may release it, first in roll film, later in sheets.

Something to keep your eyes open for in the future...
    Bob Fowler
    fowler@verizon.net
    Some people are like Slinkies. They're really good for nothing, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've been hearing teasers about this for a bit now - it would be great if it comes true, especially if they get it right! Add me to the list of people crossing their fingers!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I was talking to an Agfa rep at their headoffice in Australia who only a couple of weeks ago assured me that 35mm B&W film and paper will be around for a long time. What a rep says and a company does ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    I was talking to an Agfa rep at their headoffice in Australia who only a couple of weeks ago assured me that 35mm B&W film and paper will be around for a long time. What a rep says and a company does ...
    As unfortunate it is that these are words of wisdom - it does not change the fact that they are indeed. Sad but true. But, we may as well scrape the bottom of our photographic box of Pandora for the one thing left - hope.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Well, isn't faith at the heart of photography? We focus and make camera settings based on a multitude of physical laws that we can't really see, all in the faith that they will all work together to produce the image that we desire, and, sometimes with the hope that the image will be a great one.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format

I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Boenig-McGrade
    I sincerely hope it is Nicole, but I don't think that Agfa will still be there to make it, unfortunately.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FirePhoto
    Well, isn't faith at the heart of photography?
    As David Hume once said, faith is the act of believing something in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin