Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,527   Online: 994

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I like this film. I have not had a problem with grain, 645 to a 16x20. 8x10 is never an issue with grain. I've not done any expansion so I can not commit on that. I put it upp against the JandC 200 and it wasn't even close to the same processing times. But both still very good film.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Bergger

Quote Originally Posted by RoyK
    hi

I'm a large format newbie, and browsing for film, I found the BPF-200 film:
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

can someone please help me with details about this film? is it any good?

thanks

roy
    [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]I found by comparing, that Bergger is not quite exactly Forte 200. Both processed @ the same time, of the same subjects, using a Rolleiflex w/Planar lens. I processed 2 rolls in HC-110 and 2 in Rodinal. Both were very good, with differeing tonal ranges. Compared also with Contax G of the same, and results similar. I can't say for 100% certainty that they are the same films, but the cost of Bergger just doesn't make it worth the extra $$.

I haven't used the J&C films, they are the same as Fotoimpex in Berlin. Will try it when I go to Germany early next year.[/COLOR][/SIZE].[/FONT]

Quote Originally Posted by Rolleijoe
    [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]I found by comparing, that Bergger is not quite exactly Forte 200. Both processed @ the same time, of the same subjects, using a Rolleiflex w/Planar lens. I processed 2 rolls in HC-110 and 2 in Rodinal. Both were very good, with differeing tonal ranges. Compared also with Contax G of the same, and results similar. I can't say for 100% certainty that they are the same films, but the cost of Bergger just doesn't make it worth the extra $$.

I haven't used the J&C films, they are the same as Fotoimpex in Berlin. Will try it when I go to Germany early next year.[/COLOR][/SIZE].[/FONT]

All you are seeing is batch to batch variations and the effects of time on the film. Name Brand A from batch X which is 2 years old will look different than Name Brand B from Batch Y which is fresh off the coating line. Both brands are the same film produced at different times. There is also a lot of Brand C out there that has sat on master rolls outside of Forte for 2+ years and then gets cut and labeled by third parties with a 3 year expiration date starting from the cut date and not the production date. This will look even more different and make you think it's a totally different film.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin