Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,416   Online: 1052

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Clyton Chemicals

Lowell Huff has posted on the photo-net forum that if he has enough interest
    he will make a Rodinal clone. You can email him at Clyton chemicals. This might be interesting so people should express some interest....
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Clayton

Ooops that should read Clayton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager
    he will make a Rodinal clone. You can email him at Clyton chemicals. This might be interesting so people should express some interest....
    Best, Peter
    I wouldn`t worry too much about losing Rodinal, someone who works for or has worked for Agfa must know the exact formula of the commercial developer.
    The popularity of this product should ensure it`s survival and I wouldn`t be at all surprised if a company such as Tetenal Ltd end up making it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schrager
    Best, Peter
    Ever talk to that guy on the phone? Seriously, you can call him and he'll chat with you with chemistry and stuff. He's pretty cool and knowledgable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have tested their fixers and found that they do not live up to the 'hype' posted about them on PN by Lowell Huff.

They are run-of-the-mill, adequate fixers, but not the super dooper stuff touted.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    I have tested their fixers and found that they do not live up to the 'hype' posted about them on PN by Lowell Huff.

They are run-of-the-mill, adequate fixers, but not the super dooper stuff touted.

PE
    I've never read any of the hype on photo net but aren't all fixers run-of-the-mill? I don't know what's special about fixer from one company to another. It just "fixes" the film. Its either slow or fast.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

ok

PE-isn't that just the name of the game? You buys your tickets and you takes your chances. My post wasn't yay or nay just that if we had a supplier right here who was willing to make the stuff. I've never used any of the products they make since I don't care for shipping from the west coast; especially when it
    comes to liquids in bottles. I already make my fixer and my pyro but I was having a little fun tryong out the "ritualistic Rodinal" !!
    Best, Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Peter, I'll let you know after I do some experiments myself, but Rodinol is rather 'touchy' during packaging IIRC. So, it is not just a matter of "lets make Rodinol today".

Eric, all fixers are not born equal. TF4 is very fast and allows reduced wash times. If someone says that their fixer does the same but is even faster, but when tested is not only slower to fix, but slower to wash out, then it is HYPE to me.

TF4 met the specs. Don't take my word for it, you can test it yourself very easily. The Clayton fixer was equal to the Kodak Rapid Liquid Hardening Fix, but no better. It certainly did not meet TF4 in fix or wash times.

I myself have formulated several fixers that are even faster than TF4 and wash out more rapidly than TF4. I'm still working on it. Jdef has used one of my generation 1 super fixers and has posted the formula here on APUG. You may want to try it, he seems to like it. I am working on gen 7 right now.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have use Clayton fix and stop when Kodak was out of stock, no big issues or praise. I do use Rodinal for EKF 25, so I would buy a bottle.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer
    Eric, all fixers are not born equal. TF4 is very fast and allows reduced wash times. If someone says that their fixer does the same but is even faster, but when tested is not only slower to fix, but slower to wash out, then it is HYPE to me.
    Come to think of it, I use the Clayton Rapid Fixer (non-hardener) on my prints and TF4 on my negs. I just mixed some Clayton Rapid Fixer for negs cause I ran out of TF4. It does take longer to clear but I can't tell if TF4 or Clayton fixed the film better than the other.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin