Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,615   Online: 689

Shooter
    Large Format

120 Black and White Film in South Ga./Northern Fl. ?

I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good photo supply retail store who carries such things as black and white enlarging paper, paper developer, stop bath, fixer and black and white film.. ideally somewhere around southern Georgia or northern Florida. I've been living in Valdosta, GA. for about six months and even work at a photo retail store but can not find any 120 tri-x anywhere..

Crocein scarlet, opaque red, 1lb. bottle of ferricyanide bleacher and even poly-toner but no tri-x...

We carry 120 t-max but I really don't care for it (I know, I'm a whiner)
    and having my boss order it is kind of a pain (minimum order of 25 rolls but decent price per roll)

Any heads up would be great!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Closest would be Harmon Photo in Gainesville. In Jacksonville Florida, Orbens continues to reduce their traditional photo stock in favor of digital. Orlando & Datona have good camera stores; but, especially with price of gas, I prefer ordering over the Internet.
    van Huyck Photo
    "Progress is only a direction, and it's often the wrong direction"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The folks at Orbens tell me they can't sell the 120 film they stock. They tell me that the professional photographers who used to be their market have switched almost completely to digital. They have a little in stock now, but say they probably will not be ordering more. I've given up finding anything at a local store. Order over the internet.
    juan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    maybe Tallahassee bieng a college town has a decent photo store that may stock some?
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I grew up in Jacksonville - Brandon's used to be the place to go. Sadly, that's ancient history.

Unfortunately, that situation exists almost everywhere outside the really large photo centers like New York, Chicago, etc. I live in the Capital District of New York - there is only one very tiny photo store left in the metropolitan area that carries darkroom supplies - and their stock is limited. We are all stuck with ordering over the internet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agreed, the internet has been this 2 edged sword that is killing the local stores but the local stores don;t carry what I need

Quote Originally Posted by Monophoto
    I grew up in Jacksonville - Brandon's used to be the place to go. Sadly, that's ancient history.

Unfortunately, that situation exists almost everywhere outside the really large photo centers like New York, Chicago, etc. I live in the Capital District of New York - there is only one very tiny photo store left in the metropolitan area that carries darkroom supplies - and their stock is limited. We are all stuck with ordering over the internet.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    I live in Valdosta Ga as well. You won't find any 120 film in this town anymore. D and A's Camera America used to carry it but not anymore. At least they didn't when I called them this morning.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hey Matthewt, I work at D&A's! Funny. I wonder if I were the man you spoke with.

Actually, depending on the store you called.. We have 120 portra and some 120 tmax 400.

Shooter
    Large Format
    (and someone out there is probably asking themselves "why this post if he can just buy tmax 400?")

because I _hate_ the stuff. it never works right for me. i'm a whiner.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So what do you soup it in? I get good results in Rodinal. I hear Tmax developer is not that great for Tmax film, wierd huh?
    Gary Beasley

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin