Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,728   Posts: 1,515,220   Online: 946

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've used APHS ortho, Bergger ortho, ilford ortho, maco ortho, and lastly Kodak ortho. It is knowing how to deal with that type of film to get the contrast you want. I can get an extremely flat negative or a contrasty one with all of the above. It is all in the development and developer used. I also when I want a flat negative, will purposely fog the film. I also have watched and bought all the really old out of date kodak ortho film I could. I have some (500 sheets of 4x5) that is over 30 years old that is my favorite to use.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Aggie, what do you do to tame the contrast of Kodalith type 3, if I may ask?

My technique has been to enlarge MF or 4x5 onto 8x10 Kodalith then develop to reversal via a dichromate bleach process. I then contact that onto normal sheet film (Bergger, usually), but I always end up with higher contrast than I want and a loss of middle grey tones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin