Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,668   Posts: 1,481,742   Online: 847

View Poll Results: Would a printing methods workflow be helpful

Voters
65. You may not vote on this poll
  • I already know about this

7 10.77%
  • Don't confuse me

1 1.54%
  • Yes it would help

50 76.92%
  • What are you talking about?

7 10.77%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Large Format

Printing Workflow

I am trying to ascertain how many here have a clear idea of the various printing methods that can be taken to arrive at a fine print, when these would be applicable, the process involved, and the effects obtained. By this I mean contrast enhancement masks, contrast reduction masks, unsharp masking, shadow and highlight masking, paper pre flashing (overall and local), split grade printing, etc.

I'm trying to determine if there is a need for a guide on this and whether I want to do an article on this. What I have in mind is a fairly intensive work flow chart to enable one to determine when the various methods are best used.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller
    I am trying to ascertain how many here have a clear idea of the various printing methods that can be taken to arrive at a fine print, when these would be applicable, the process involved, and the effects obtained. By this I mean contrast enhancement masks, contrast reduction masks, unsharp masking, shadow and highlight masking, paper pre flashing (overall and local), split grade printing, etc.

I'm trying to determine if there is a need for a guide on this and whether I want to do an article on this. What I have in mind is a fairly intensive work flow chart to enable one to determine when the various methods are best used.
    I would love to see such a thing

Pete
    "…Action always generates inspiration. Inspiration seldom generates action."

Frank Tibolt

WWW.DENDRINOS FINE ART.COM

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds great to me.
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a method that works for me, but I have often found that when reviewing others methods, it turns out that there is something more to learn. Any info on this subject will always be welcome.

- Randy

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Donald,

As detailed and complete as your previous comments have been on other subjects, I look forward to reading your thoughts here. Thank you for offering.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am ALWAYS in need of help.
    Jeanette
    .................................................. ................
    Isaiah 25:1

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    An interesting and well writen article, is always welcome!
    I`m waiting.

Cheers

André

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Donald if you have the time and patience to put this together, I think it would be very helpful to those of us without any formal training.
    Carol

"Out, damned spot! out, I say!" - Lady MacBeth

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Donald, of all the various techniques you've mentioned in that post I'm only vaguely familiar with the existence of split grade printing. I think an article or guide on this topic would be immensely helpful. Thank you for seriously considering making such a contribution to the community.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe, Donald, a step by step on-line course (per item, one item a month) here on APUG, only accessable for the subscribers, with many examples and many (digi-)photo's from 'how you do it' and many results with the difference 'before and after'???

Only a suggestion... :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin