Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,000   Posts: 1,524,344   Online: 783

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    yes, I have been doing a project in 6 x 17.5 format.....only 4 shots per roll....is doesnt last long, and didn't want to switch film....shot 20 rolls in NYC 2 weeks ago, rained every day...I think there is still quite a batch out there....call small towns having a local photo store. Agfa hasnt been that popular actually here in Vegas....I like the look and have often recommended it to my students as it was available and quite cheap,,,,with student discounts often less than 2 bucks per roll....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Agfa Australia have stock but are not releasing it because they are sending it to Germany for destruction, according to my dealer. So Agfa have continued their marketing expertise to the very end.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by john_s
    Agfa Australia have stock but are not releasing it because they are sending it to Germany for destruction, according to my dealer. So Agfa have continued their marketing expertise to the very end.
    What??? Which dealer?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agfa Australia have stock but are not releasing it because they are sending it to Germany for destruction, according to my dealer

Insane. Beware of this dealer.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DAMN! I waited too long. Now Adorama and B&H are out of stock on bulk rolls of APX100 and 400. Does anyone have any other sources?
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That don't make any sense at all, are you sure your dealers not pulling your chain, we never had to send anything back to be destroyed when I worked at the store here that carried Agfa?

Dave

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I had this from a friend last week (Aussie):

just spoken to the agfa supplier [eddie schreiber] who tells me that agfa PHOTO warehouse has closed down, staff have gone, and all stock returned to germany to be DESTROYED

agffa GAEVERT warehouse still open and operating - primarily xray films
    he can no longer access any agfa PHOTO stock [paper, film, chemistry etc] -
    legal battle in germany between agfa gaevert and agfa photo requires this rather horrible action
    apparently the warehouse was very well stocked too
    so whatever agfa is left in the shops is the only 'stuff' available
    over to you

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Imagine Penfolds going out of business and all the bottles had to be returned for destruction - I believe the dealers would refuse!
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin