Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,736   Posts: 1,515,507   Online: 1095

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

It's starting already...

Check this out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Don't seem to surprising...time to let the gouging begin....

The profiteers will come out of the wood over the next few months...

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I decided to sell mine and buy Tri-X with it. I started them out at .99 per ten rolls. The last four auctions I had finished at over $30 for two of them and over $50 for the other two auctions. I suspect that they might not get any bids here, however, $75 sure is high. I have another ten rolls, maybe I should wait a bit before listing them!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    Don't seem to surprising...time to let the gouging begin....

The profiteers will come out of the wood over the next few months...

Dave
    Dave, I do wonder about your calling it price gouging. There are plenty of black and white films on the market and no one needs this film. If it is worth more to someone else than it is to me, I feel it is totally appropriate to sell it at what the market will bear and buy myself some other film to use. If I was selling water to Katrina victims for $10 per bottle, that would be price gouging. I guess I can admit to being a profiteer, however. I took advantage of the Agfa situation to get myself more film than I could otherwise have purchased.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    After the quick loss of the 4X5 version of APX, I bought 100 rolls of 120 a few months ago. I will use it all until it is gone. There is something nice about the APX in Rodinal for portraits but I will seek another film before paying that much. Too bad it is gone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    Dave, I do wonder about your calling it price gouging. There are plenty of black and white films on the market and no one needs this film. If it is worth more to someone else than it is to me, I feel it is totally appropriate to sell it at what the market will bear and buy myself some other film to use. If I was selling water to Katrina victims for $10 per bottle, that would be price gouging. I guess I can admit to being a profiteer, however. I took advantage of the Agfa situation to get myself more film than I could otherwise have purchased.
    Paul,

I was not meaning in a derogitory term really, it is just the expression of what happens when a company goes out of business, obiviously the guy knows that some shoot this and with agfa going down, he is going to try and get as much as he possibly can, unfortunately, from the listing, you have no idea of how long he knew there were problems with agfa and if he bought on speculation...of course I am not currently having any problems find the film he is selling, the local shop here has a heftly supply in stock, in fact I was thinkng about buying his stock and filtering into the market over the next few months, so I would be gouging and profiteering as well, the local shop here has 15 cases of Rodinol in stock as well...also thought about buying that up as well, might be some money to make on it in the future.

More power to him if he can get the price he is asking, but I suspect, it is still a bit to early to hit the market at this high of price.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interestingly, my local pro shop rolled out some Agfa 120 colour neg film at ½ price last week. I purchased 4 rolls for $12.00 @ $3.00 each, normally close to $8.00 a roll.

I think they are clearing stock to make way for Fuji.

Mick.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    you can't just drop a price like that on an unsuspecting market - you have to make the hype first - look at the Canon EF 50mm lenses!
    Start a few flame wars, maybe a discussion forum... then try it!

Too funny, altogether. I don't mind the guy asking. Its the person that pays that much that deserves the ridicule.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin