Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,423   Online: 792

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What can you do. Just no point buying one of those MF backs without perforated film.

Agfa of all people still seems to be making 70mm film. The colour seems to be a normal product if I could only find somebody that sold it.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    What can you do. Just no point buying one of those MF backs without perforated film.
    Simple.........ask Forte to make it.....that's all I did.

Clayton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How big was the order they required? I'm going to guess it would be too much for just me. Bigger issues is I got the impression it took awhile? I'm supposed to be moving in the next 9+ months. I'm trying to avoid any long term commitments.

r-s

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There used to be a guy on ebay who sold kits to convert Hasselblad backs to use unperf'd 70mm film. He replaced sprockets with rubber wheels.

Another use for the unperf'd film is to reload 116 and 616 rollfilm. One good reason to save your spools and paper backing. Speaking of which, does anyone know of any supplier of "bulk" backing paper?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Clayton,

I would be interested in 400 speed 70mm. I have had a lot of trouble locating 70mm B&W. My 70mm backs can use perforated or unperforated (RH-50). Who is your connection at Forte and how do you order directly from them?

Jamie
    Keep Film Alive, Shoot Everyday!
    JamiesInfraredPhotography.com

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    How big was the order they required? I'm going to guess it would be too much for just me. Bigger issues is I got the impression it took awhile? I'm supposed to be moving in the next 9+ months. I'm trying to avoid any long term commitments.
    Nick the min quantity was 15 rolls but somehow I ended up with only 14. Yes time to get the stuff was a problem...........3 or 4 years ago I ordered some custom cut 8" wide rolls for my Cirkut camera. Every 6 months or so I kept reminding my supplier about it, they were doing their part is was Forte draggin the chain. In the end I gave up and tried for 70mm instead which I eventually got.

I think the main reason for the delays was the turmoi the film and paper manufacturers were going through at the time. I had other 70mm B&W films at the time so wasn't too concerned waiting it out.

Claytonl

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy22
    Clayton,

I would be interested in 400 speed 70mm. I have had a lot of trouble locating 70mm B&W. My 70mm backs can use perforated or unperforated (RH-50). Who is your connection at Forte and how do you order directly from them?

Jamie
    Jamie

I ran out of 400 years ago and couldn't get any more which is why I went for an order through Forte. I'm in New Zealand and used the local agent, I don't know who it is in the US.

I'm willing to sell a couple of rolls as I don't need the lot. Price is my cost plus freight, PM me for details.

Clayton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That would great Clayton. I sent you an email with my address to see how much shipping would be.
    Keep Film Alive, Shoot Everyday!
    JamiesInfraredPhotography.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin