Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,974   Posts: 1,558,732   Online: 814

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Fresh Forte 400 70mm rolls

I've just landed 14 x 100 foot rolls. It took 2 years for these to come which I'm sure has a lot to do with Forte's financial problems and the stop start nature of their production. I'm told by my supplier that they can get anything now but who knows for how long.

If anyone in the future wants to be included in a group purchase let me know.

Clayton
    Last edited by claytume; 11-01-2005 at 06:03 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: so that it doesn't look like a classified ad

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This belongs in the classified section of the website.

Dave

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Satinsnow
    This belongs in the classified section of the website.

Dave
    Yes Dave, you're probably right.

My point to the post was not to advertise something for sale but to say Forte are shipping, you can get custom orders cut and maybe a group purchase can keep these things going. 400 speed 70mm of any type hasn't been on the shelves for a few years now and I didn't think it would ever be available again.

I'm happy if the moderators delete the thread all together, I don't mind keeping the film but I thought it was a chance to help others out.

cheers
    Clayton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Clay any chance this is perforated film? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy a 70mm back for my MF camera. Problem is it takes perforated film and nobody seems to make that anymore.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Clay any chance this is perforated film? I'm trying to figure out if I should buy a 70mm back for my MF camera. Problem is it takes perforated film and nobody seems to make that anymore.
    Yes Nick..........it is perfed but I don't know what type. Is there some info on the web somewhere that lists hole size and spacing?

Clayton

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think there might be on the 70mm faq. I'll try and find it. A source for perforated 70mm would make all those MF 70mm backs worth something.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/list70mm.htm

Type 1 and type 2. Whatever that means

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can't find any suggestion on the difference. But it seems MF cameras used Type II.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Okay. Seems Type I is only perforated on one edge. Type II on both. If it's Type II then that would make all those MF backs worth something.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    Okay. Seems Type I is only perforated on one edge. Type II on both. If it's Type II then that would make all those MF backs worth something.
    Sorry Nick.......looks like I've wasted your time.

I opened some of the film today to check the perfs and it isn't!

My supplier when he received them thought they were perfed because that's what the labels say. He called me to ask if perfed would be ok because I ordered unperfed. I said yes, no problem.

Now I open them and find I do have what I asked for but it doesn't help Nick or any others looking for perfed.

What i will say though is that it's likely Forte will custom cut perfed if that's what you want but expect a minimum order

sorry about that

Clayton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin