Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,524   Posts: 1,543,876   Online: 936

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    Hi Apuggers

I was reading this thread and started wondering about the differences between the old (R09) Rodinal and the new (Agfa's current Rodinal). I have only tried the current Agfa stuff, but in the future R09 might take over if the current Rodinal stops being made.

I want to hear how people think the two developers are different or similar. The chemical differences also interest me.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings Morten
    I would suggest exposing two rolls of film and developing one in Agfa Rodinal using your regular dilution and time and the other in R-09 using the same dilution and time to see what differences you can detect. There may be slight differences in contrast and gradation which you could adjust for next time. It would be interesting to read the findings of an experienced user of a particular developer who compares the results to another which is claimed to be similar or the same.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Kolinski
    Well, if you compare the bottles Rodinal ships in and those R09 is, you may find a quick answer to why R09 won't last as long as Rodinal.
    I have never seen a R09 bottle...what does it look like compared to a Rodinal bottle?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have never seen a R09 bottle...what does it look like compared to a Rodinal bottle?
    Drink it.... and you know it.

Robert

Rodinal forever????

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Tapscott.
    I would suggest exposing two rolls of film and developing one in Agfa Rodinal using your regular dilution and time and the other in R-09 using the same dilution and time to see what differences you can detect. There may be slight differences in contrast and gradation which you could adjust for next time. It would be interesting to read the findings of an experienced user of a particular developer who compares the results to another which is claimed to be similar or the same.
    No, the dilutions and times are different than for Rodinal. You need to test at the recommended dilution and time for each developer. Obviously if you dilute R09 to the Rodinal dilution and time you will not get the same results. Just as if you dilute Rodinal at the R09 dilutions and times you will not get optimum results.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Well, if you compare the bottles Rodinal ships in and those R09 is, you may find a quick answer to why R09 won't last as long as Rodinal.

Christian
    I just love the cryptic dramatic answers to simple questions. If you don't like R09 than don't buy it. But putting out this garbage is a disservice to everyone.
    www.jandcphoto.com

laz
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    I just love the cryptic dramatic answers to simple questions. If you don't like R09 than don't buy it. But putting out this garbage is a disservice to everyone.
    Gee now you're being entirily too reasonable! Remove the cryptic dramatic answers and all the fun goes out of it! (of course I agree with your bottom line; if you like brussel sprouts eat them if not, don't!)
    -Bob
    [SIZE=1]I want everything Galli has![/SIZE]
    [SIZE=1]I want to make images like Gandolfi![/SIZE]
    rlazell@optonline.net

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis
    Drink it.... and you know it.
    That is the most weird answer to my question...too much coffee shopping?

Shooter
    Multi Format

Christian
    Could you possibly give us a few more details on this?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Rodinal 1+25 = R09 1+?????
    1+50 = 1+????
    1+100 = 1+????

Quote Originally Posted by jandc
    Using each developer at it's appropriate dilution and time I seriously doubt you could pick which negative was processed in which developer in a blind test. The similarities are greater than the differences.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That is the most weird answer to my question...too much coffee shopping?
    What should I say now? Put on your webcam and be happy! :rolleyes:

Yes, in Holland but not located in Amsterdam and far away from the nearest coffee shop.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin