Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,549   Posts: 1,646,307   Online: 945

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    127 Format
    I suspect he just means that R09 (or F09 in the Foma version) comes in 250ml bottles. Standard dillution is 40+1, so thats more than enough to keep me going for a few months. They also do a 1ltr bottle (or at least you can order 1ltr at a time - maybe they just send you four little bottles).

I use R09 as my main dev, except when I want fine grain. Liked it a lot, though my experiences are pretty limited, and my methods pretty sloppy. Enlarging a 645 neg of HP5 to 10x8" gave grain just visible, but wasn't suitable for my needs for those shots (So I switched to A49 Atomol for that work). Efke 100 at similar enlargement has grain which is quite noticible, but very nice - I use that LOTS.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by jim appleyard
    Could you possibly give us a few more details on this?
    This is the Adox version but the bottle is the same.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Adox-09.jpg  
    www.jandcphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian Kolinski
    Well, if you compare the bottles Rodinal ships in and those R09 is, you may find a quick answer to why R09 won't last as long as Rodinal.

Christian
    My 250 ml R09 from JandC came in a rectangular opaque brown #2 PE plastic bottle. It has a separate internal plastic stopper that folds back over the lip of the opening and then a standard plastic screw on cap over that. Looks like the 1 liter bottle in the shot from JandC, except smaller.

My 125 ml Rodinal came in a PE-PA plastic (no US recycling type number stamped on it) rectangular opaque white bottle. There is no separate stopper, but the screw on plastic cap has an internal rim designed to seal against the inside of the opening.

My 500 ml Rodinal came in a translucent rectangular #2 PE plastic bottle with the same lid type as the 125 ml Rodinal.

Maybe R09 bottles have changed, or it comes in different bottles in Germany and overseas.

The only differences in my bottles, the extra (and very tight) plastic stopper in the R09 bottle, and the translucent plastic on the 500ml Rodinal, would both argue for longer R09 shelf life.

Agfa has changed the bottle numerous times in the 30 years I've been using Rodinal. I haven't heard that this has changed shelf life.

So what's the quick answer? I'm a little slow (and long winded).

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by titrisol
    Rodinal 1+25 = R09 1+?????
    1+50 = 1+????
    1+100 = 1+????
    The standard dilutions don't exactly correlate. To be exact you would have to derive some fractional dilution. However I would compare Rodinal 1:25 to R09 1:40 which are standard dilutions that data is available for. I would use either at 1:100 but with the recommended times for each one.

We have data for our films here:

http://www.jandcphoto.com/index.asp?...on=Custom&ID=2
    www.jandcphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Interesting, R09 is more concentrated according to that.

I still have 2 500ml bottles of Rodinal so it'll take me a while to order any more developer.

No, it's just where I would start from in doing a side by side comparison. I find that R09 at 1:40 works for me like Rodinal at 1:25. Others may want to compare at 1:50. The point is that once you're dialed in the results are essentially the same.
    www.jandcphoto.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Foma data: http://www.foma.cz/Upload/foma/prilo...e_filmy_en.pdf

Compared with Agfa Rodinal (last chemical modified in 1992), we pick up an example from our data: Fomapan 100 and Rodinal 1+50
    our optimum: 7:30 min.

Fomadon R09 (Foma): 1+40 : 6:00 - 7:00 Min.

Small changes, but not drastically differences.

best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format

R09 vs Rodinal stock concentration

I did a quick test for myself, reported here, http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/17937-rodinal-comparison-r09.html
    but haven't had time to follow up with further tests.

Roman (rjr) here on APUG will tell you that Rodinal is more highly concentrated, and the Rodinal 1:50 is about equivalent to R09 at 1:40. He has some connections to Agfa personnel. I think the most useful of those discussions is here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/14250-efke-25-rodinal-stand-development.html

My test says they're not that far apart at the 1:100 dilution I normally use, and that Rodinal is slightly more active than R09 at 1:100.

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Robert,
    thank you for your mails.

To your questions:
    Fomadon R09 product we have in our production line still. We can deliver it and in case it will be changed we will inform you.
    .................................................. ...........................

With regards
    Dana Hojnß

E-mail traffic from 26th October 2005 due to all Agfa Photo troubles.....

So do not panic at all

............ and still over 100 bottles Agfa Photo Rodinal to go

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nope.
    The recomended times for Efke25 in R09 vs Rodinal are
    R09 1:40 6min
    Rodinal 1:50 4,5 min
    according to FotoImpex (JandC) devchart. Of cource YMMW
    So the stock R09 is more "dilute" than stock Rodinal
    Regards S°ren

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin