Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,847   Posts: 1,582,806   Online: 845

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sandy
    I have used Plus -X off and on for 40 years and it has always had that blue cast. I am told that when production was moved to the new coating machine the cast disappeared.
    I also found Plus-X a little more blue sensitive than usual, benefitting from a yellow filter.
    There is also a larger than usual reduction in graininess when exposed at 64 ASA vs 125

Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you're not already doing so, you might find the color reduced by using HCA after fixing. I've found a soak in 2% sodium sulfite solution with 1 tsp per quart of sodium carbonate added (essentially homemade HCA) quickly decolors the dyes that sometimes remain in films I've developed in tubes, where the backing of the film was in contact with the tube surface. A two minute soak in the improvised HCA clears them right up.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne
    Sandy
    I have used Plus -X off and on for 40 years and it has always had that blue cast. I am told that when production was moved to the new coating machine the cast disappeared.

Mark

Odd, but I've found just the opposite to be true. The base color of my Plus-x negs from years ago is clear or slightly gray, but the new Plus-X that I've shot is blue.

Hmmmm????

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin