Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,683   Online: 931

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

eukobrom 1+9 vs. dektol 1+1

Hello!

I just did a printing session with ADOX Fineprint Vario Classic G. The paper is on the neutral/cold side. Here's the thing.

Last time I printed on that paper I used Dektol 1+1 instead of 1+2, because I had about 200 ml of it that looked brownish/tea colored, so I added 300 ml of a less oxidized batch and filled up with 500 ml of water. The tones on Vario Classic were definetely cold, almost blue. I loved it. I had been looking for that.

Tonight, I worked with the same paper but Tetenal Eukobrom 1+9. I was a bit disappointed to find that the tones were much more neutral, with only a slight blue look, I mean I had to _wish_ to see the cold tone...

Eukobrom is said to be a cold tone developer, at least by Silverprint and some APUGers. Any ideas on why the Dektol 1+1 gave colder tones?

Developing time for Dektol 1+1 was 1 minute. For eukobrom 1+9 was 1,5 minutes.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This sounds a bit odd as I have used loads of Eukobrom and it has been very cold for all the papers I used it with. Polywarmtone went a horrid colour with a blue green black image on a slightly warm base but most neutral to cold papers were clearly very blue black and likeable.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dektol 1+1 has been likened to a very close approximation of Edwal Ultrablack. I would sugget that you try diluting Eukobrom 1+4. However you will also get an increase in contrast and will have to print accordingly. Alternatively add 15ml of 1% benzotriazole.
    I like cold papers. Where did you get the Adox from?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I use Eukobrom for all my work and everything is cold cold cold.

I use Agfa MCP matt (RC), Ilford MG matt (RC) and Agfa MCC (fibre).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Adrian,
    I got the ADOX from fotoimpex.de.They have a UK branch, if you want to try some. www.fotoimpex.co.uk

Morten,
    what dilution do you use?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin