Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,418   Online: 1031

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

fomapan 100 dev time

Massive dev chart and J&C show very different times. Anyone with _real_ info?

I was out taking some night shots on urban/coastal scenes with exposures from from about 15 seconds to 2 minutes.

Recommendations?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No direct recommendation, except to say that I used the times at J&C for Fomapan 200 when I started with that film, and they were spot-on for me. But I've not used the 100 so your mileage may vary. Best of luck to you.

Be well.
    Dave
    Film is cheap. Opportunities are priceless.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here are my notes from the two rolls of Fomapan 100 I've shot:

D-76 1:1 dilution, 10:00: A bit dense; try 9:00.
    DS-12 2:1 dilution, 9:00: Negativess look good to the eye, but contrasty scans & prints

These were both done at 20C in a stainless steel manual tank with agitation for the first 30 seconds and five seconds every 30 seconds thereafter. I've got a Minolta DiMAGE Scan Elite 5400 scanner and a diffusion enlarger, BTW. I rather liked the look of this film in DS-12; it was a bit grainy, but like Fomapan 400, it's a pleasing grain pattern (to me, anyhow), and it produced nice smooth tones. I didn't shoot night scenes with either of these rolls, so I don't know how the film or the development I tried would work with that.

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I give Fomapan 100 the same time as 400TX and get negatives I like. For me, that's 21 minutes in HC-110 Dilution G, with agitation every 3rd minute. My experience is with 9x12 cm sheet film, but it was developed with inversion agitation in daylight fill tubes, so is comparable to small tank times.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bark, West Hylebos State Park-apug.jpg  
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi, I just recently developed my one and only roll of fomapan classic 100 in rodinal 1:50 for 8 mins at 20 oC, and got very good results. The shots are mostly at dusk, urban (street lights were on but not yet fully dark out). I also added 1/4 tsp. Vitamin C mixed with 1/8 tsp. baking soda. I've read that it results in sodium ascorbate (I think, I still new at mixing/adding to developer), and it make rodinal a bit finer grained. I'm very pleased with an 8x10 enlargement (just a very small hint of grain if looked at closely, enlarged from a 35mm neg). Just wish Fomapan was available locally (Montreal).

Steven

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've spent tremendous amount of rolls of FPAN 100 and I've settled down with an EI of 50 iso, D-76 1+1 for 7 minutes at 20C. Delicate grain and superb tonal range.
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've tried FomaPan rated at 100 in D-76 1+1 for 9.75 minutes at 20C and results have been OK (printable), but overly contrasty with loss of detail in the shadows, so I think I'll try abeku's approach.

I've been having problems with scratches on the emulsion in 35mm. I suspect the camera may be the culprit, although I don't have this problem with other films, so handle with care!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I did 9 minutes @ 20°C in XTOL 1+1. Agitation first 1,5 minutes, then 10 sec/minute. The negs look great! Of course, street lights etc are "blown" but there is a good detail in highlights and shadows on the exposures of above 30 sec.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And here are some examples. Bigger versions and/or prints will be posted here:

http://blog.hform.se/
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0511C_examples.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nextreme
    Just wish Fomapan was available locally (Montreal).
    I don't know of a Canadian source for Fomapan either, but a friend and I recently had some Arista.EDU Ultra 200 (a.k.a. Fomapan 200) shipped to Toronto from L.A. The cost still works out pretty cheap, even taking shipping, exchange and taxes into account.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin