Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,549   Online: 956

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: maco cube 400

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre R. de Avillez
    Just a quick question:

Does diafine (hydroquinone/phenidone 2 bath) count as a surface or depth developer? Since the hydroquinone & phenidone are absorbed by the whole emulsion before the 2nd bath comes into the picture, I'm under the impression that it's a depth developer... am I wrong?

André
    Yes. thats a good question. I would think that it would a depth dev since the agents are in the first bath and they are activated by the second bath. But then again it (second bath) will start(activate) from the surface and in.............just a guess
    Regards Søren

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know. We're way into areas where I have no experience and less expertise - but I'll enjoy finding out. I'll order a 120 test pack as soon as I've finished paying the #¤& back taxes...
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have just received a new article (by regular post!) from Chicago (BKA) about their Diafine. Unfortunately R3 (Rollei) is not on their list but because we are importing the stuff for the Netherlands, I will search out how it reacts on the cubic multi layer emulsion. Will be continued.............

About D76: Unfortunately Maco/Rollei made in their first specs (Photokina 2004!) a recommendation for this (standard) developer combination. I advised them to scrap it! In the new Rollei specs, it's specified but not recommended anymore for R3.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I understand that the new films are in some sort of beta-testing(?) phase. Does anyone know when they will become available? Yes, I know Fotohuis sells testkits and I consider buying one, but I'm mostly interested in Rollei Pan 25.

And, one funny thing. I see that the "cover photo" of the Pan25 is the same used at the Moersch Photochemie website under gallery->paper->fomatone.

Here is a direct link:
    http://www.moersch-photochemie.de/im...ic/pic_719.jpg
    (fomatone, two bath developer, SE5 lith)

:-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    And, one funny thing. I see that the "cover photo" of the Pan25 is the same used at the Moersch Photochemie website
    Wolfgang Moersch was also B-tester for IR-400 and the PAN25.

His photo is chosen for on the PAN25 cover.
    We are introducing these films in the Fotomagazine: "Fotografie" (F+D) (=Photo+ Darkroom) December 2005, a Dutch photo magazine, in a 3 page test-article and supported by a full size A-4 advertisement of our company.

If you send me an e-mail, I will sent you a Rollei PAN25 F.O.C. in an airpack enveloppe (Norway??).

Best regards,

Robert

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin