Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,909   Posts: 1,556,148   Online: 1085

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The moderating team is aware of mr. Huff's recent activity on the forum, and are currently debating whether to stop him before or after he ensures that no APUG subscriber will ever buy one of Clayton Chemical's producs.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee,
    I didn't get the impression that Pablo stated an opinion either way on Lowell's marketing tactics.

I think F76+ is pretty good, too, and was able to try it out from a sample from Lowell, too. I am not saying that his methods are good or bad, but am merely pointing out that contacting him may yield an opportunity to try it out, too.

allan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I recently tried DDX with a roll of 120 Delta 3200 shot at EI 1600. First attempt was at a friend's recommended dilution of 1:15 @ 68 degrees for 14 min (2 inversions each minute). The negs looked really good. Decent shadow detail and highlights not too dense, the way that I like them. Still haven't printed them, but I expect a 2.5 or 3 filter will work well.

Nice film/developer combination. But I really need to shoot some film tests,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Ghajanian
    Actually, while we're on the subject of Rodinal... how do you think Delta 3200 in 120 would look in Rodinal 1+50? Obviously, I'm not as concerned with grain size as with 35mm, but how would the tonality appear? Any experiences?
    Ara
    Ara,

I speak from limited experience, as after trying it I disliked the results so much that I didn't do it again - but - Rodinal 1+50 with Delta 3200 @ 3200 standard agitation (30se c then 10 sec each minute) gave me the following results:
    - BOULDER like grain
    - low contrast
    - slightly thin negs

Now, I know that the latter two could be worked on, but even a grain phile like me couldn't find the grain attractive (these were candids, indoors - woman and baby, if I recall correctly). Perhaps for different subject matter (foggy landscapes? I actually think that is something I may try for the specific look...), with a little more agitation and dev time, it would be ok - but not for people shots, at least not the way I did it - especially with a baby!
    Of course, please take these observations with the disclaimer of having them come from a relative beginner, and someone who didn't like enough about the results to try any further fine-tuning.
    I too, have had best results with Micrphen 1+0, and still found the film to be a little "blah" for human subjects. As you can surely derive from the useage of the highly technical term "blah", this is a highly subjective observation

Best of luck!

Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last week I posted an update on this thread about Delta 3200 and pyrocat-hd with some example scans. I would not say it is 'fine grain' but I certainly feel the grain is tight and prints very nicely at 5x7 inch print size.

Link is: http://www.apug.org/forums/showthrea...a+3200+pyrocat

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Ghajanian
    I'm shooting some Delta 3200 for indoor available light nudes this weekend. I'm looking for a developer that will produce fine grain with this type of film. What do you recommend for Delta 3200?
    If you are shooting at EI1600 or lower (should be---as you are using Rodinal), then you should be able to get a fine grain image with XTOL 1+1 or 1+2 at 25C (I actually use DS-10 1+1 for D3200 at EI1600).

For EI3200, I find better result with an ascorbate analogue of DD-X, but of course grain is not as fine as with DS-10 or XTOL.

As others suggested, Ilford's published time for D3200 is too short. Plus, many D3200 users don't recommend using XTOL without dilution. Same applies to DS-10. A 1+1 dilution is good for these devs.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin