Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,663   Online: 1150

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by antielectrons
    SRS, HI, yes. I agree, the stuff about Detla 3200, etc. as a quote from the Ilford site. I have more or less settled on FP4+ and Tri-X 400, one film developer (most likely ID11) and one paper developer (Ilford Multigrade). I was going to stick to MG RC for paper and maybee some MG FB when I am settled in again (I remember really liking FB papers when I last had a darkroom).
    Those sound like reasonable choices, although I confess to not knowing much about Ilford's paper developers, so I can't comment on that aspect of it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes DDX gives a little "boost" to speed, which means gives good detail in the shadows.

DDX is awesome with Ilford Fps,Hps and Delta films, Fuji Neopan 400 and Acros, Fomapan, Efke 100, AGFA APX100, etc. I normally shoot them at box speed.

IIRC it was developed by Ilford from their old Dip and Dunk (hence DD) for household use (the X)

Also the working solution can be reused in the same session, I normally develop 5 or 6 rolls of 35mm and 120 so I do 4 or 5 batches in one night.
    Adding a 10% of the time per batch is reccomended by Ilford and it works very well and may extend the umber of films you can develop with 1 bottle of DDX.
    Anyway 29 Eu seems extremely expensive, the price has increased in my local store but it is in the oder of $18/l

Quote Originally Posted by antielectrons
    Perhaps the price list I looked at contained a typo. I will look and see if it is cheaper from other suppliers.... By the way, I read on the Ilford site that DD-X was developed for Delta 3200 films and that "With some fast films such as DELTA3200,DELTA400 and HP5 Plus a it gives an effective speed enhancement".... perhaps it is one to try when using HP5+ then.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks again to all those who have helped me with this. Today I ordered some ID-11 to start my home developing experience.... exiting times. Will stick to as few films as possible. I promise!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin