Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,948   Posts: 1,557,866   Online: 839

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I know extremely little about your process. That however will not stop me from making a sugesstion.

Why not use a very high contrast grade of RC glossy paper, do all of your dodging and buring and use it a paper positive?
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    I know extremely little about your process. That however will not stop me from making a sugesstion.

Why not use a very high contrast grade of RC glossy paper, do all of your dodging and buring and use it a paper positive?
    I too thought of this as an option - solarplate isnt the cheapest thing to test things out on but I may ask for an offcut to try this ...

it needs about 15 or so secs in full sunlight or 20 secs on a partially cloud obscured sun to get a good exposure - unsure of the effects of a longer one - will be interesting to find out

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/structure/a...sp?id=41394658

Agfa Copy camera going for next to nothing

in case any one is interested ...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have gotten the interpositive and subsequent enlarged negative down to a a workable format. First use the ortho film for botht he interpositive and the larger neg. Use Dektol to develop the film. Controling contrast is where you have to work with a more dilute solution of dektol and prefogging of the film. The interpositive needs to be flat, with what looks like not very much contrast. When you make the negative, you can then add the contrast back in. Trust me it does happen. I have done hundreds of these enlarged negs. Some from 35mm up to 8x10, some 4.5x6 up to 8x10 and quite a few 6x7 up to 8x10. The only other equipment you need is a 4x5 film holder and an 8x10 film holder. You do the development in the darkroom under regular yeloow safelights. This affords you the ability to see what is happening with the negatives. The only thing I would suggest in this set up is adding some old rc paper that after developing you would have thrown away. I place these sheets at the bottom of the developing trays to better be able to see what the neg is looking like. If you want more info, PM I wll find some of my enlarged negs and post them later.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    sounds good, I'm actually after a higher contrast interpositive tho as its for solarplates so the neg wouldnt be required, however I guess I could do some pt/pl prints from 6x7 in the larger size - firstly tho, what would you change in your process to achieve a higher contrast +ve ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin