Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,555   Online: 997

Thread: Rollei Pan 25

Shooter
    Multi Format

Rollei Pan 25

I've tested one roll of Rollei Pan 25.

FANTASTIC!

I developed it in Tetenal Ultrafin 1+20, 9 minutes (based on development times for D76... and, ehem, crosschecked with the times of apx25)

I need this film, lots of it, in 120 too btw...

What can i say? After all the depressing news about analogue bankruptcy, I feel good again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice, please post some examples if you can.

I`d love to try this in 120-format.
    Amund

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So where does the rest of the planet buy this film?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Is the base clear ?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry, I don't have a flatbed scanner so I can't show you scanned prints. I do have a filmscanner but it really doesn't justify the film. I currently only have one good image that I've shot on this film, but it has been "manipulated" using d-word tecnology, which is not appreciated in here. Besides, the image won't give you any impression of the film. If you like slow speed films with rich tonality and small grain I suggest you just buy a roll.

The film was bought from Foto-Impex a week ago on a trip to Berlin. The film is in some kind of test stage but test kits are available to the public (that is how i got it). I know the film can be bought from Fotohuis Rovo (an APUG member). Somehow they don't write about it on their english site but if you go to the dutch one (http://www.fotohuisrovo.nl/nl/frame.html) you'll find it. Rollei also have information about the new films on their website, but only on the German pages (http://www.rollei.de/index_d.html).

The film has a clear base and is probably well suited for reversal development.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can you compare it to Efke 25 ? I presume Rollei's is a panchromatic film with normal red sensitivity, so what does it give in terms of contrasts?

You really oughta get those babies scanned in a repro shop, or else we'll die of jealousy!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also a comparison of resolution with Tech-Pan would be a great help.

David.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin