Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,874   Online: 1070

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yep, edge fog from loose winding and/or leaky paper edges. Take the advice on subdued light loading. I've been using the black rollfilm film canisters from JandC (25 cents each), and like them a lot. Gave about 25 of them to a friend who shoots a lot of rollfilm while he travels and does nature photography, and he loves them too. Keeps the film a lot safer than plastic bags, and keeps pressure marks off the film too.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    I like Zhenya's answer. Bergger's film is made in the Forte factory, and there has been some issue with 120 film from Efke and Forte (not Foma, though) leaking light. You just have to be a little more careful with it.

Load and unload in subdued light, and don't leave the roll sitting out in the light before or after loading.
    I agree here! I had the same problem with some Efke 100 recently. My instructor at school seemed sure that was the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee L
    I've been using the black rollfilm film canisters from JandC (25 cents each), and like them a lot.
    ... Keeps the film a lot safer than plastic bags, and keeps pressure marks off the film too.
    Lee
    Ditto with the canisters. I got about 20 and love them- makes tons of sense to me.
    BTW J&C has some films that come in those canisters- Adox/Efke (see site for details)

Beckie
    [COLOR=DarkOliveGreen]
    [FONT=Palatino Linotype]Remember each day as a blessing, be grateful and live happy![/FONT][/COLOR]

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Another vote for the Goldfarb answer. I learned (the hard way) that it's best to load and unload 120/220 film in as much shade as possible. It's also handy to keep some small squares of aluminum foil around to wrap each roll of film when you're done to keep it "safe". Never had a problem since.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    J&C has those 120 plastic tubes to keep your film in. They are cheap at 25 cents a piece.
    Non Digital Diva

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I had this same problem a few years ago. only the fog went into the image. Bergger paper is thin when I put a loupe up to the fog I saw a number from the paper backing. I sent it to the Bergger rep and was told they knew of the problem. That was the last I heard of it. I have since not left the film anywhere there is strong light, when outside of its wrapper. I have not had a problem since. It would be nice if they put a warning out. I had numerous films with black edges. Thought it was my camera, but on the other hand got my equipment cleaned.

I like Bergger film but am not to happy with there customer service. Will probaly not use there 120 film again, when current stock run out. But will still buy 8x10 and 5x7 from them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin