Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,538   Posts: 1,544,277   Online: 801

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ancient Infrared

I just found a relic from my past life- a roll of 35 mm infrared that I exposed 15-20 years ago. Anyone have any tips on how I should develop it?

Yikes. I tried to expose and process a roll of HIE that was a couple of years out of date and ended up with almost totally blank film. You might not have much luck with the IR emulsion holding up. HC-110 dil. B for 6-8 minutes is what I used to use for this film, which gives it a good load of contrast. Good luck!

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I don't know what to tell you. I've developed some 4x5 HIE (exp date 1977) (exposed & developed a year or two ago) and got images on the film, but my developing skills were not good at the time; this is pre-Jobo. I was using D76 1:1. I don't recall the dev. time off the top of my head.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    I have HIE in the freezer dated 2004 about a year old, and the results are good. HC110 1:45 from concentrate Jobo 5 min 68F

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would cut the film in half.

The first half I would develop for 2 x original time, the second for 8 x original time.

I'd probably use ID11 or DF76 stock.

Graham

Graham.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin