Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,710   Online: 1143

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Harry,

We have many factors that influence the cost of manufacture, raw materials, energy costs, batch sizes, stock turns etc, when you get to low volume products like mono sheet films we have had to adjust pricing. But what you have seen in Germany ( and other places as well ) is a combination of factors, some related to the change to a distributor market and and price adjustments that were required on the founding of the new company HARMAN technnology Limited back in February. We will do our best to offer best value for money and continue to make as wide a range of products available as possible.

Simon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortuantely the scarcity of mfgs of ULF film is going to have an effect on pricing. Also as demand for smaller formats decreases the cost of production and running the machines has to be spread over a smaller pool of consumers.

If Ilford was the only game in town I would be worried about overly high pricing, but with Efke and Foma also making ULF film there is competition.

Personally I don't mind paying higher prices for Ilford or Kodak ULF film for one reason- consistency. With Ilford I am 99.9% confident that when I buy film the quality will be excellent. IN ULF FP4 and HP5 should handle any possible subject matter and situation.
    "Fundamentally I think we need to rediscover a non-ironic world"
    Robert Adams

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley
    Dear Jim,

SFX : We are considering manufacturing once per annum : The date we have talked about is March 2006 : But this will be highly dependant on a few factors, roll film
    volumes are so small this will not be made agfain ...sorry.

SIMON.
    Thanks. At least it might be in 35. That's something!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Hi Simon from ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited - Thanks for the good news as I have customers waiting to place orders for ultra large format film.

Fred Newman/View Camera Store

Hello Simon:

We are anxiously waiting Ilford ULF films and to continue to support Ilford in their contribution to the LF community. FP4 is my choice and I will acquire a second freezer with news of availability of sheet films in larger sizes. Cheers!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin