Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,496   Posts: 1,571,431   Online: 1115

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Ilford ULF Films any time soon?

Hi:

I have read on the Ilford forum that there is a possibility that they will make some ULF films. Does anyone have any info on this? Sizes? Will they cut these sizes one or two times a year?

Any info would be appreciated.

-R

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    It sounds like it's just being proposed now, and they are figuring out what sizes and what emulsion would be most likely to sell. Have a slog through this thread for more info--

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/20862-perceptol-lives-more-news-ilford-representative-post226047.html
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    I have no idea what their plans are but if, by some small miracle, they make 7x17 FP4, I will buy a s&*t load of it.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Just FYI, I noticed that Efke PL100 is on sale in 7x17" at J&C--half price (short or past date, I'm guessing).

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb
    Just FYI, I noticed that Efke PL100 is on sale in 7x17" at J&C--half price (short or past date, I'm guessing).
    Thanks Dave,

I had missed that

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi

I am Simon from ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited : We are currently in the feasability stage of various ULF sizes ( see the link to the thread ) it will be HP5+ and FP4+ only, date of production will be notified once the product launch phase is agreed.

Simon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Simon! If I may steal the thread for a moment, Simon, do you know if SFX will make a return and if so, in what formats?

hka
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is not a realy good message from overseas. HP5+, in size 9x12cm, now in Germany over 30% increase in price??? Is there any explanation for it??? The next price increase for about 20% are the papers. Be aware...
    harry

Release, the best you can do...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Harry - considering the diminished market, I'd consider a 30% price increase to be rather modest. The new, restructured company needs to be profitable, even if with a smaller market base. The alternative (no film or paper) is even less pleasant.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Jim,

SFX : We are considering manufacturing once per annum : The date we have talked about is March 2006 : But this will be highly dependant on a few factors, roll film
    volumes are so small this will not be made agfain ...sorry.

SIMON.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin