Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,913   Posts: 1,556,267   Online: 864

T Max 400 LF and ULF Film Interest

Over the last several months I found an angle to get Kodak's attention on the subject of securing T Max 400 in LF and ULF sizes and am working on the final negotiations with Kodak to see if they will be reasonable with the price to pull this off. As you all know, working in the reasonable realm is difficult with a company that has a history of being unreasonable but in any event, I feel it is worth a try. Here is what I need help with to either close this deal at a price that I feel will work or walk away.

If you can e-mail me at m.kadillak@comcast.net with the number of boxes (25 sheets per box) of each size film you would be interested in purchasing I would greatly appreciate it. I would ask that while this "interest" is truly a non-committal on your part, please be as honest and as reasonable as you can. If you are not really going to follow through on your "commitment" in good faith, I would rather that you do not commit at this time. If this does come together we will get back with you and give you detailed pricing and other pertinent details. If it falls apart, I can tell you right now it will be because Kodak is being unreasonable with the price they want for this film. We are talking of a time line that is within weeks of a go - no go decision and I will post the results here shortly.

Here are the sizes we are considering. Assume that the number of sheets per box is 25:

5x7, 5x12, 11x14, 7x17, 8x20 and 12x20

I thank you for responding and I hope that this comes together.

Pass the word around.

Cheers!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I wonder if it might be easier to buy 20x24 and have a 3rd party cut it down?

Shooter
    Large Format
    WHatever, I am down for 2 boxes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by avandesande
    I wonder if it might be easier to buy 20x24 and have a 3rd party cut it down?
    I think that they would run a roll and cut it as asked.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've sent an email to you on this.
    I've in for 100 sheets of 5x7 for sure.
    Maybe 200-300 depending on price.
    Thanks for doing this,

Tom

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak
    Over the last several months I found an angle to get Kodak's attention on the subject of securing T Max 400 in LF and ULF sizes and am working on the final negotiations with Kodak to see if they will be reasonable with the price to pull this off. As you all know, working in the reasonable realm is difficult with a company that has a history of being unreasonable but in any event, I feel it is worth a try. Here is what I need help with to either close this deal at a price that I feel will work or walk away.

If you can e-mail me at m.kadillak@comcast.net with the number of boxes (25 sheets per box) of each size film you would be interested in purchasing I would greatly appreciate it. I would ask that while this "interest" is truly a non-committal on your part, please be as honest and as reasonable as you can. If you are not really going to follow through on your "commitment" in good faith, I would rather that you do not commit at this time. If this does come together we will get back with you and give you detailed pricing and other pertinent details. If it falls apart, I can tell you right now it will be because Kodak is being unreasonable with the price they want for this film. We are talking of a time line that is within weeks of a go - no go decision and I will post the results here shortly.

Here are the sizes we are considering. Assume that the number of sheets per box is 25:

5x7, 5x12, 11x14, 7x17, 8x20 and 12x20

I thank you for responding and I hope that this comes together.

Pass the word around.

Cheers!
    Michael,

Put me down for at least 50 sheets of 5x7. Maybe more if the price isn't too steep.

Don Bryant

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Michael can you find out their minimums and go from there?

for example if you could come back with what a price would be on 100 boxes of each size for example, shouldnt be too difficult for them to give you a firm price and deadline if they have interest, then we put together an order, however...many, like myself, have switched to other films and I am happy with the efke and others and maybe the Ilford if they come through with a substantial program, however, if it is 2x's the price of what i pay now for ULF that is available I do not think Kodak could muster much support? Just my humble thoughts

Dave:

I want to be perfectly clear that we are conducting this iteration different from how similar attempts at these objectives have been conducted in the past. When I hear of what folks have been charged for "special orders" at minimums I cringe because the more of these unreasonable deals that get done, the more Kodak accepts these as normal business. A few folks that are willing to pony up think that they have won the battle, but the LF community as a group looses the war.

We want the film at respectable (not go away) prices and that is how this deal is structured. If it becomes apparent that Kodak will not cooperate, then so be it. As far as we are concerned, doing a bad deal is really not worth doing a deal at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If a dealer can afford Kodak's special order rates and minimum order quantities for a special cutting, great. The ULF types could get a reliable film without the problems (dirt, scratches, etc.) of cutting down the (standard) 20X24 size.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin