Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,875   Online: 893

Thread: Nacco Fixer

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Nacco Fixer

Does anyone use the liquid Nacco fixers? By my arithmetic they are the cheapest alternative. Why not use them?
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter
    Does anyone use the liquid Nacco fixers? By my arithmetic they are the cheapest alternative. Why not use them?
    In the past (1970s and early 80s) I've used Nacco Nu Fix Nacco's concentrated rapid paper and film fixer which incorporates a hypo-eliminator directly into the fixer (Check the APUG Chemistry posts for the detergent (surfactant) wash aid.

The Nacco Nu Fixproduct worked fine for me, but I haven't done comparative testing against other fixers. I would guess that it is an ammonium thiosulfate fixer - if it is, the cost comparison would be against the same quantity of 60% ammonium thiosulfate solution.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter
    I do use Naaco's Zip Fix (rapid fixer) and like it just fine. I had never heard of it until a year or so ago when I went to purchase some more Ilford Rapid Fix and my local store was out of it. They had the Naaco, so I bought a gallon (after reading the label and discovering it was essentially the same as Ilford or Heico's versions). It is significantly cheaper than either of the others.

Larry

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin