Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,322   Posts: 1,536,886   Online: 1066

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Any experiences with Kentona? (not lith)

hey folks,

I'm just wondering with anyone here has any experiences with kentona paper in "normal" paper developers. I'm about to put an order through with Freestyle for some film and paper, and thought about trying some graded paper for contact printing. My normal paper is Polywarmtone, BTW.

Any experiences and examples are welcome, although I know a lot of you use this for lith (something I'm not really interested in).

Thanks in advance,

André

Kentona is a very beatiful warmtone paper. I have mostly used Neutol WA developer with it. In this it has a greenish cast which is easily cooled with selenium. However it is this color that appeals to me.
    I realize that convention does not appreciate a green cast but I like it for some subjects.
    It is about grade 2.5 on US scale
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

KEK

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've recently used Kentona myself with multigrade developer and gotten the greenish cast. Toning with KRST 1:20 for 4 to 5 mins. will cool down the greenish cast a bit. I went a little further and toned 1:9 for 10 mins and got a reddish brown color that i really like and looks great mounted with an off white matt.

Kevin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up on the green cast. I'm not a big fan of green warm tones, so I'll have to think about this...

André

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin