Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,645   Posts: 1,668,522   Online: 911

Shooter
    35mm

Agfa APX100 & Fomadon LQN ... HELP!

Hi! Has anyone tried Fomadon LQN developer? I just bought the first 250ml pack and it is very short on data provided. It is said something like: 7-8 minutes for 100ASA and 9-10 mins for 400ASA.

I need to develop a Agfa APX100 and a Agfa APX400 with this developer, today. Can anyone help me with infos on the develpong times? Should I use the times given by Foma? Has anyone tried this combination?

Thanks!
    Allen

Shooter
    35mm

dillution

Forgot to mention: I am usind the 1+10 dillution, as recommended on the Fomadon pack.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi! I think that the common rule for Foma developers can be applied here - take the highest time indicated, 8 and 10 minutes. First 30 seconds constand agitation, then 15 sec each minute. Check also please the data on www.digitaltruth.com - these guys never let me down

Cheers from Moscow,
    Zhenya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Maybe not very helpfull but we just tested the Fomadon R09 (Para-amino phenol) Foma developer with APX100 aka Rollei Retro 100 35mm films.
    The Agfa Rodinal 1+50 time you can convert to R09 1+40.
    Same with the Fomapan 100 film.

best regards,

Robert

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fomapan 100 requires about the same development as APX 400, in my experience. So, you could take the ISO 100 time given for the Fomadon LQR, and adjust it by same factor as you would changing from APX 400 to APX 100, and should be very close -- probably as close as a published time would be.
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello all.

I just developed (myself) my first BW roll , a Fuji Neopan SS in Fomadon LQN (the store didn't has another one/kind) and I used the time for the Fomapan 100 (7-8 min.) , 7 minutes fearing not to burn the film. Well, I calculated wrong. With 7 minutes (30 seconds agitaion in the first minute and 5 seconds every minute after) the film came pretty contrastless. So the advice would be not to use 7 minutes wuth this film and developer. Or maybe other factor (too) that I didn't noticed would be responsable for the lack of contrast. I'll post also the original one too , until than here is a shot from the roll corrected with Epson Scan.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    A couple of weeks ago I did a roll of Tmax-2/400 in LQN at 1:40 in semi-stand. 70 degrees F, 50 minutes total time with one inversion at 25 minutes. Negatives came out fine, though I could see signs of bromide drag on the overexposed film leader but not on the images. Given that time is not too critical for semi-stand, you could try this technique. If I were to do it over again, I think I'd gently agitate around every 8 minutes or so rather than go out to 25 minutes.

Shooter
    35mm
    Here is the negative directly scanned without corrections (except resize)

The photos on the roll are like this one.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin