Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,896   Posts: 1,520,984   Online: 915

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Oh for a cup of TEA!

Does anyone know where I can get TEA, as used in 510-pyro, in the UK and how much it will cost?

Lachlan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    APUG sponsor "Digital Truth" carries it: http://digitaltruth.com/store/rawchemicals.html

As does "The Chemistry Store": http://www.chemistrystore.com/triethanolamine.htm

I don't know if they'll ship internationally or not, but might be worth a shot if you can't find it locally.

Dean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I found some at a supplier of high tech lubricants (here in Australia). I don't know what they do with it, but you might be able to find some locally if you do a web search. Here it was $20Australian (= about 8 pounds UK) for 5Litres, which will last me for quite a while. It came with a certificate stating that it was 99% pure. I had to supply my own container.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Formulary ships internationally as well and carries TEA.

PE

Images
    TEA is widely used commercially and also by hobbyists and homebrewers of cosmetics. Perhaps you can find a local supplier in that category. I'm sure you know it is triethanolamine, but it didn't hurt me to say so.
    Gadget Gainer

Images
    It also wouldn't have hurt me to tell you about the Dow Chemical website with a brochure for downloading in PDF format that tells all the possible uses of MEA, DEA and TEA from which you can get some ideas about where to look for users, as well as all the technical information you could possibly want about things in which you have no interest. www.dow.com.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    www.silverprint.co.uk doesn't list it, but they do list a lot of other raw photo chemicals, so it'd probably be worth it to give them a call.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Hi,

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I am also in the UK and trying to find some TEA so I can have a go with 510-Pyro.
    Anyone had luck getting it here?

Josh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I bought some from Merck here in NZ, and they are worldwide.

You could also try contacting Retrophotographic, as they are carrying quite a number of raw photo chemicals.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin