Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,995   Posts: 1,524,274   Online: 876

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also wanted the Delta 100 and 400 ASA in all sizes up to at least 8x10!
    It is very important that a company has the whole sizes up to 8x10 on 400 ASA I take Kodak TMY 400 because i can get it up to 8x10 from 35mm!
    I would imidiatly change to Delta if I get it up to 8x10!!!!!!!
    Don't like HP 5 so much especially on the smaller sizes!
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Island Heights, NJ, but will retire back to Maine.
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by billschwab

Have you tried warming the tone of the MGIV through toning Larry? I've found it works great and I get that nice, white paper base border. I use a very diluted sepia tone coupled with a dash of selenium at the end.

Bill
    It's not just the color of the print that I'm after; I switched from MG IV as my standard neutral/cool-toned paper to Agfa MCC because I got much better shadow detail with the Agfa emulsion. I don't know why exactly, since I'm not privy to the details of their emulsion chemistry, but I'd guess it's chloro-bromide vs. straight bromide. I get the same kind of detailed shadows with Ilford's Warm Tone, but the off-white base makes for a different overall effect. I've done comparison prints of the same negative on MG IV, Agfa MCC, and MGWT, and in all cases, the Agfa and the MGWT show detail in the darker shadow areas that MG IV does not. If the detail is there on my neg, I want to see it in the print unless I have an aesthetic reason not to.

I want those detailed luminous shadows that the warmer chlorobromide emulsion gives combined with a slightly cooler overall color that a whiter base provides. I've tried Bergger, Forte, Kentmere, etc., with no luck in finding that combo. That's why toning alone doesn't do it for me.

Larry

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnArs
    Delta 100 is already made in sheet film sizes up to at least 8x10 if not larger.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnArs
    It is very important that a company has the whole sizes up to 8x10 on 400 ASA I take Kodak TMY 400 because i can get it up to 8x10 from 35mm!
    I would imidiatly change to Delta if I get it up to 8x10!!!!!!!
    Don't like HP 5 so much especially on the smaller sizes!
    As much as I loved 400 Delta in sheet sizes it isn't an equivalent film to TMAX 400. So all things considered for me I will stick with TMY even if 400 Delta is reintroduced in sheet sizes.

Don Bryant

I agree with the previous posts that the base of Ilford's warmtone fiber paper is too warm. I would prefere a neutral white base. One reason to use a warmtone paper is to use a gold toner for blue tones. I don't like the look of blue tones over a warm base.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Multigrade cooltone on a bright white fiber base!

Lachlan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK Guys...you want a cooler warmtone, or was that a warmer cooltone....

Seriously, a whiter base means more optical brighteners, remember its Baryta, that affects the performance of the product, in saying that you know one of the products we are looking at ( R&D only at this stage NOT A PRODUCT ) is a COOLTONE FB, which would be designed with a bright white base.

Regards Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology.

As to Sheet DELTA 400, I will have a look at the numbers, you guys and gals have got or sheet cutters going crazy....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley

you guys and gals have got our sheet cutters going crazy....
    That's a good thing isn't it?

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It's definatley a good thing!! This thread is over a year old, but I would still love to see Delta 400 in 4x5 sheets! I'm sure alot of others too! Simon, please take another look!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I can only assume that Delta 400 4x5 was dropped because it wasn't making any money for Ilford. Maybe the climate is different now.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin