Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,934   Posts: 1,585,599   Online: 738

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I would like to have Delta 400 in 5x7" - 8x10" - or bigger, I've never use Delta films in sheet but only in 35mm and for me are fantastic.
    I usually use FP4+ and HP5+ but I hope early to start to use also Delta 100(I find it with difficult in Italy in 8x10).
    Best
    Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear All,

Just to let you know I have read it...

Simon ILFORD photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Delta 400 in sheet sizes...that would be very nice

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Don't Change MG Warm Tone!

Quote Originally Posted by Maine-iac View Post
    I
    I want those detailed luminous shadows that the warmer chlorobromide emulsion gives combined with a slightly cooler overall color that a whiter base provides. I've tried Bergger, Forte, Kentmere, etc., with no luck in finding that combo. That's why toning alone doesn't do it for me.

Larry
    I for one, would be really sad to see Ilford MG warm tone changed. We've seen all of AGFA's warm tone papers disappear, particularly Portriga Rapid, and kodak dumped Ektalure. Ilford's offering is exactly what a warmtone paper should be-warm! In fact I remember when it first came out, and a lot of us complained the base was TOO white. Ilford responded by removing the optical brighteners or at least toning them down. I recall washing it for hours to leech out some of the brightener. The regular MGIV tones very well in selenium to a cool color, and MG warmtone splits very nicely in Selenium.
    I respect other's opinion, but if you want a neutral or cool tone paper, chlorobromide emulsions are just not your cup of tea. I really like the natural baryta base. It gives images a classic 1930's look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    [QUOTE=Simon R Galley;269167]
    Seriously, a whiter base means more optical brighteners, remember its Baryta, that affects the performance of the product....

Regards Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology.

This has got me thinking, as I have also wished that the warmtone base was a bit brighter sometimes, that there is this product:
    http://www.sprintsystems.com/printbrightener.htm

I remember a colleague in grad school using this to brighten up the base of portriga-rapid back in the day. I'm going to give this a go and see what it does with the Ilford warmtone.

In the interest of full disclosure, I do some consulting for Sprint Systems, but frankly I had forgotten that this product was still in their line until now. I'll report back on what I find out.

--best,
    Erik

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now if we could just get a Warmtone version of Galerie! Graded instead of MG, in other words.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I would switch to Ilford MG 1V FB as my standard paper but it has some real draw backs when it comes to selenium toning (1:20) and localized bleaching with potassium ferracyanide. It is next to impossible to get Ilford papers to respond to these chemicals. Kodak and Forte papers were excellent in this area. I would like to see Ilford be the leader and main supplier of traditional darkroom materials in the future. They have great product consistency and quality control much like Kodak. I wish they would modify their papers to over come these limitations and truly create the finest silver based paper ever made.

Caselton Corners, Staten Island, New York
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Too bad Forte' Warmtone is gone...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert T. McCarthy View Post
    Too bad Forte' Warmtone is gone...
    Ilford Warmtone FB on a neutral white base would be an excelent (and very popular) replacement.

Jaap Jan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Dear Simon,
    Please just keep making film and paper. Anything you can make and make for a profit so that we can keep shootin and printin will be fine by me.
    A

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin