Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,850   Posts: 1,582,856   Online: 752

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TMax 100

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shot TMX in 4X5 at e.i. 64 and developed in HC110, dil E, 7 min at 70 degrees for normal.
    I've gone over to JandC Classic 400, at e.i. 200, largely because of price. I also like the look of this film, and I like the extra speed. Dean
    dphphoto

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks all!

I've got about 50 or 60 sheets left out of a box of 100 and I still haven't gotten the feel for this film. I've been shooting it @ 100, but haven't been happy with my results.

It looks like I'll stick with the box speed and work my exposures a bit more. I hesitate to bracket in 4x5 because of the cost, but it seems unavoidable given my very modest abilities...

I was pleasantly surprized to read all of the responses here. I expected one or two to say "Yea" or "Nay", but the variety of treatments has been interesting to note. Thanks, again.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    In a rather casual approachment to exposure and development, I expose 35mm and 4x5 T-Max 100 at an EI of about 50, and develop as Kodak recommends for EI 100 in T-Max developer. I also shoot T-Max 3200 at EI 1600 and develop as recommended for EI 3200. Perhaps this reflects an aversion to poor shadow detail.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot a lot of TMX in 4x5 Readyloads. I develop in Xtol 1+2. I use an EI of 50. With this film it's much better to give more exposure and develop slightly less than standard Zone system practice. I.e. Zone I at .1 above fb+f (the standard recommendation) is too low, at least in my opinion.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin