Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,506   Online: 827

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TMax 100

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

TMax 100

Many times faster films need to be rated lower than there stated speeds. (I'm currently paying around with Delta3200 @1600.)

What about the medium speed films like TMax100 and Portra 160??? I'm most interested in the TMax as used in 4x5....Whats the collective wisdom here??

Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    100... just develop it long enough !
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    35mm
    100 for fully developed Tmax is good advice. I shot it regularly with loe light latensification at 200 w/o a problem. If you are using a condenser enlarger and developing less then you may orefer a speed of 64-80.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot it at 50, although in 35mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I like it at 100 developed in Rodinal 1:100 for 22 minutes. 3 inversions every other minute and 30 seconds initial.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In 35mm, TMX for 9 minutes in Aculux2 (EI 100) at 20 degrees C is stunning - no grain and very sharp and the tonality is really nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I may have to bookmark this thread...it's interesting to see how many different ways we all handle our TMX.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Latent image intensification via prolong green low level fogging for another f/stop is seldom heard about. Have you shared your procedures with APUG? Please consider doing so.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My 2 cents worth - T-grain films rated down 1/3 stop, "conventional" b+w films down 2/3 stop, with reduction of dev time by 1/2 min. or so, all color neg films down 1 full stop (with normal processing).

Images
    Good Morning, Joe,

I normally rate T-100 at approximately its box speed, for both LF and smaller sizes. T-Max developer (1:7 from the concentrate) is my usual choice, but I've also had excellent results from HC-110B. My "normal" development time is 10 minutes in T-Max 1:7.

One other thing to note is that T-100 has extremely favorable reciprocity characteristics, making it ideal for night shots. For those I favor Technidol (about 12 minutes with 10--not 8--ounces of solution from the developer packet); due to the cost of Technidol, I'm also experimenting with very dilute HC-110 and stand development for night shots, but haven't really zeroed in on time yet.

Konical

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin