Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,974   Online: 1132

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    That would be great. Thanks Stefano.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi jdef,
    you are right! I'm very surprised when winplotter gave me the result with the densities I read, I thought higher iso for my paper es, I read the density twice and I re-calibrated my densitometer, and always that results.
    I'm plaining to do more test, maybe with new developer, my pyrocatHD is old, but it works well with all my films.(ps my first negative with my test iso is good).
    I'm plaining to do this test(when my free time will be more) in pyrocatHD in tube, with pyro ABC in tray, and pyro hutchings formula in tray, I do all this test because I've spoken with an Italian photographer that is enthusiastic of this film.

Best
    Stefano
    Digital is Slow..........Analog is ROCK!!!!

Visit me at http://www.stefanogermi.com
    Visit My Portfolio in Apug

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I would know a little thingh about winplotter, I use a default option, my speed point is 2.45 and my paper es 1.6 with flare 0.02, and I use approx CI.
    I would like to set up it in the better way possible, and I was doing some experiment changing parameters and I saw a little different with approx CI and 0.1 over BF. Wich parameters do you think is better? approx CI or 0.1 over BF.
    I changed it in my fomapan test and it's changed a bit(but not deeply).
    thanks Jdef for your advices.

Thanks

Stefano

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Stefano,

As you know, I have never used the Foma film. However, I had a message today from someone who knows this film very well, and the film business as well, and he tells me that there are some really serious quality control problems with Foma films. Based on what he told me I personally am not going to waste any of my time testing the ASA 100 Foma film. I mean, what is the point since we already have so many excellent ASA 100 films.

As for the developer issue, if you are getting good results with your other films using Pyrocat-HD I think it is safe to conclude that the problem is the film, not the developer. And fortunately, if your Pyrocat-HD solution is bad you would know it because the color of Solution A would turn brown. If Solution A is clear, or a slight amber or pinkish color, and if the color of the working solution no more than a medium colored amber, it should give good results. On the other hand, a comparison in which you develop two or three identically exposed sheets of film in different developers should be instructive, so long as you know more or less the time of development needed with each developer.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by photo8x10
    Hi jdef,
    you are right! I'm very surprised when winplotter gave me the result with the densities I read, I thought higher iso for my paper es, I read the density twice and I re-calibrated my densitometer, and always that results.
    I'm plaining to do more test, maybe with new developer, my pyrocatHD is old, but it works well with all my films.(ps my first negative with my test iso is good).
    I'm plaining to do this test(when my free time will be more) in pyrocatHD in tube, with pyro ABC in tray, and pyro hutchings formula in tray, I do all this test because I've spoken with an Italian photographer that is enthusiastic of this film.

Best
    Stefano
    Last edited by sanking; 03-13-2006 at 08:35 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Stefano,

Oh, and one other thing. I believe you mentioned that you were using the default speed point of the plotter program. You really need to establish your own personal speed point because the speeds indicated by the program are basically meaningless until you calibrate them to your work. If you go to www.btzs.org and look under articles you will find an article by Davis that explains how to do this. He recommends, and I do as well, the use of a developer such as D76 as a standard. However, before you bother to establish your personal speed point make sure that you have worked all of the kinds out of your exposing method since you must be able to continue to make consistent and accurate exposures for the pesonal speed point to have any meaning.

Sandy
    Last edited by sanking; 03-14-2006 at 10:01 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Thanks Sandy,

I controlled my A solution and the colour, now, I'm not sure that is good, a very dark pink, so I'm plaining to do another tests this night with new A and B Solutions. I'll post my new results here next days.

I surfed in BTZS and I found very good advices.

Best

Stefano

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi everyone,
    I promised that I did another test to fomapan 100, and I did it yesterday night. I did it with new A and B pyrocatHD solutions and the results are a bit different. I attached a PDF with my new test.
    Bye
    Stefano
    Attached Files

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    All,
    Well I tried to print today. The results were not very good. It seems that I have some major contrast issues. Perhaps it is the development process that I chose (trays), as opposed to everyone using a roller ? Then again, Sandy has recipies for minimal agitation...So perhaps not.
    There are two scans of my work today in the standard gallery. To reiterate my findings abit, I made my initial test print with a #2.5 filter. This gave me the equivilant contrast of what a #1 filter would normally look like, from a negative of normal contrast. I bumped the filtration up to #3.5, and this seemed almost too much, but it was clear that #3 was still too muddy. I know that people will tell me that split filtration is the key, etc., but I did not attempt this today, as I wanted to test out as many different negs as possible to homogenize my results.
    At this point, there are too many variables to guess anymore. I am going to take a break, as this has drained my film stocks, and it gets somewhat dishardning to ruin a shot time after time. I need to crawl back into my comfort zone of developers for abit.
    Perhaps in a couple of weeks I will be able to get a drum and give it a shot all over again wtih a fresh slate. Or, hopefully by that point Stefano will have it all worked out .

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Hi, during this week(here rained cats and dogs) I tried to do an experiment with fomapan 100 in pyrocat-HD with semi-stand agitation in 1:1:175 Paper ES 1.60 diluition,after I read the density and this my result:

SBR 7 EFS 90 developed 75.30 minutes NORMAL

SBR 5.95 EFS 100 developed 90.00 minutes N+0.60

SBR 8.70 EFS 95 developed 52.00 minutes N-1

SBR 10.54 EFS 80 Developed 30.00 Minutes N-2

I hope this date are for you useful, and I'LL try it on the field when the weather will be better...

Bye
    Stefano

I attached pictures of my winplotter curves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails fomapan-100.jpg  

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    anyone else using foma 100 and pyrocat hd? i do not have any quality issues with my foma film. i use tanks development with hc110 at 20 degrees. dil h for 9 min (dil G (119:1) for 18min) very very successfully.

i would like to try some pyrocat hd. i am finding it difficult to find a starting point.

i do not understand "SBR or EFS"

thanks for the help.

eddie
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin