Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,794   Online: 939

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Pyrocat-HD & Fomapan anyone ?

All,
    I was just about ready to drop into the developing mood when I discovered that no one lists a dev. time for fomapan 100 in pyrocat-hd. I searched the site, and came across the same question - without an answer.

Anyone ?

Edit: Tray Development.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Times it is NOT :

8min
    9:30min

I read a post by Mr. King stating that the times for pyrocat 1:1:100 are about 20% less than that of PMK. I found a time of 10min for PMK, hence my starting point.
    I agitated once every 30s. If I had more negs, I would start off at 12mins and see where that takes me.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you're doing tray development, get a dark green safe light, and develop by inspection. It's really easy. Just develop for 20% less than you think it'll take, turn the light on for a few seconds, look at the neg, throw it back in the developer if it needs more, repeat every minute or two until development is finished. Voila. You have a ballpark figure for how long it takes.
    It has been tremendously helpful to me, I've never had to ask for developing times since I did. I do this with sheets, and then develop rolls roughly according to that.

- Thom
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I forgot to mention to do a couple of brackets, over and underexposure, and see what turns out the best.

Michael and Paula I believe have really good instructions on how to do this on their website, under 'Writings' if I recall correctly.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    What is Fomapan? Is it similar to Forte200, JandC200 and Bergger BPF, or is it different film? I have personally never tested or used it.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    All,
    I was just about ready to drop into the developing mood when I discovered that no one lists a dev. time for fomapan 100 in pyrocat-hd. I searched the site, and came across the same question - without an answer.

Anyone ?

Edit: Tray Development.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sanking
    What is Fomapan? Is it similar to Forte200, JandC200 and Bergger BPF, or is it different film? I have personally never tested or used it.

Sandy
    I have some Fomapan Classic 100, but I haven't tested it yet. From the product description, it may be similar to Efke PL 100.

The Foma website: www.foma.cz

Fomapan Classic 100
    A traditional single-layer, silver-rich film. Easily pushes to 200 and 400. Well known as the film that's almost impossible to get an unprintable image from.

Fomapan Creative 200
    a T grain film, it is regarded as one of the best medium speed B&W films available with a long scale and tonal range.

Foma Action 400

A traditional single-layer, silver-rich film. Foma 400 is an excellent high-speed film yielding excellent tonal range in a classic emulsion.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Sandy,
    Hrmm, I thought you were sent some in December of '04 ?

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/11036-fomapan-100-pyrocat-hd.html

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    No, I recall that John mentioned he would send me some for testing, but he either forgot or the package was lost because I never received the film.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by SteveH
    Sandy,
    Hrmm, I thought you were sent some in December of '04 ?

http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=11036

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ah. Well Im going to be giving it another shot this evening. I took double exposures of my 3 shots today, so we'll see what happens. Im going to try 12mins and see where that takes me. Dependant upon my results, I will try the 1:2:100 to try to knock some time off of the successful development time.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by huggyviking
    If you're doing tray development, get a dark green safe light, and develop by inspection. It's really easy. Just develop for 20% less than you think it'll take, turn the light on for a few seconds, look at the neg, throw it back in the developer if it needs more, repeat every minute or two until development is finished. Voila. You have a ballpark figure for how long it takes.
    It has been tremendously helpful to me, I've never had to ask for developing times since I did. I do this with sheets, and then develop rolls roughly according to that.

- Thom
    Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately I don't have a dark green - neither does my local shop. I'll have to snag one online.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin