Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,901   Online: 1125

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Efke 25 with R09, any advice?

I recently decided to try out some Efke 25. However, the biggest problem with it is that it will not develop with my standard developer (HC-110) so I decided to give Fomadon R09 a try since Rodinal is not in huge supply at the moment.

Checking the Massive Dev Chart they reccomend the following:
    1+40 ISO25 6 minutes
    1+100 ISO25 18 minutes

Any suggestions on which dilution I should give a try first. I use a small patterson tank (haven't quite got the hang of stainless steel) so are there any agitation reccomendations? For my other films in HC-110 I used to do the first 5 seconds of every 30 seconds.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What d'you mean it will not develop in HC110?
    Do you mean no good results or no time/temp data available?
    I firmly believe that Hc110 will do a good job at dilution H or so. Look into the covington innovations website for more information on those high dilutions. Beisdes HC110 tends to give low contrast negatives which is exactly what EFKE 25 calls for.

I have used Rodinal with EFKE 25 (35mm), 1+100 seemed to work better for me, and agitating once every 3 minutes helps to keep the contrast in check and build shadow detail.
    IMHO that combo helped getting true Ei25 out of the film.
    Last edited by titrisol; 03-23-2006 at 11:27 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is my 'tripod film' that I use for just about everything. Expose at 25. Times don't mean squat with rodinal, agitation determines development (at least of the highlights).
    Here is what I do: 1:100, no water presoak. I dump the rodinal in and invert two times with a sharp tap to get rid of any bubbles. Invert two time every 5minutes for a total of 30minutes.
    When loading a reel, use cotten gloves or you will get low density fingerprints with the film. I use kodak rapid fix with hardener and distilled water throughout except for the final rinse. After rinsing let it sit in distilled water overnight and hang up to dry in the morning.
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I posted a comparison of R09 and Rodinal with times, temps, agitation, gamma in this thread: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/17937-rodinal-comparison-r09.html

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 18 minuts for R09 1+100 with continuous agitation the first 30 sec. and then 10 sec. every 3. minut worked fine for me.

The EI was at or very close to 25, except for a coupel of shots, but that might be a error in the lightmetering.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by avandesande
    After rinsing let it sit in distilled water overnight and hang up to dry in the morning.
    Why the prolonged soak?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I always get every little bit of dye out, and there are no water spots on the film. Also I take a shower in the morning so I hang it up to dry after that. My little ritual yields defect-free negatives so i stick to it.

Quote Originally Posted by fschifano
    Why the prolonged soak?
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have to have curling with this film yet, maybe it was just that I bought form adefective batch

To eliminate the dye, I prefer a presoak of 3 changes of water with vigorous agitation and tapping (cocktail shaker)
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by avandesande
    I always get every little bit of dye out, and there are no water spots on the film. Also I take a shower in the morning so I hang it up to dry after that. My little ritual yields defect-free negatives so i stick to it.
    Nice. Efficient. Thanks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin