Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,497   Posts: 1,543,079   Online: 967

Shooter
    Multi Format

dev time for rollei film

The (new?) Rollei film recently available in Australia. I went to purchase the developer made specifically for this film yesterday and it's $41 for 1 litre!!!!!
    So I'm asking if anyone has some successful development times using either Rodinal or HC 110. I have used the film in it's low speed capacity, 100 ASA.
    I haven't found anything by searching the forums. Thanks in advance, David.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have heard that the film gives pretty poor results without the special developer. You are talking about the CUBE film, right?
    art is about managing compromise

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Have you checked the massive dev chart?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I was pondering getting some of this and trying my hand with it in Rodinal. At the moment, though, I don't have the right light to develop by inspection, so I'm pretty sure that I shouldn't do the testing yet.

If you want to use this film, I would suggest biting the bullet and buying the special developer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've developed it in Paterson FX39 with good results. You'll have no probs fidning the FX39 in Melbourne.

Shooter
    Multi Format

dev time for rollei film

Thanks for the input everyone, I did forget to mention that it was the Rollei R3 type film. I did guess that maybe Rodinal is not the best to use. Thanks for the tip Kevin, I've since been put onto a MACO developer called LP Supergrain and a colleague from Vanbars has assured me that it is an identical mixture to the Rollei purpose-built one but at half the price. I should be running my first test by next week so maybe I should post the results on APUG? -David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    David, yes, please do. I would be very interested. For what it's worth, I think I ended up using FX39 1:9 at 20 C for 8 mins and 40 secs. And I'm also fairly certain that the Maco developer is the same as the Rollei one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some interesting results are beginning to appear with X-Tol. A lot of experimentation is still required.

Yet some of the best results we have seen thus far have been yielded with ISO-PLENO, a developer designed specifically for Rollei R3. This developer has 4 main advantages: (1) one product covers the entire exposure range (from 25 to 3200); (2) no prewashing is required; (3) two working dilutions (1+9 / 1+24); and relatively short developing times (exposed at 400 ISO, the time is 4 minutes at a dilution of 1+9). Anyone interested can write us.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin