Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,850   Online: 1005

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: x-ray film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, Photo Pete, that's an interesting idea ...

I'd imagine that you'd need a very small, very prescise pinhole for this, though it may be possible ... I'd imagine that with hte incredibly low background radiation, you'd have massive reciprocity failure and exposures would be unbelieveably long.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by htmlguru4242
    Well, I'm getting some sample film by hte end of hte week, so I'll play around with it and see. I'm also trying to get my hands on some IR laser film, which is designed for printing in IR laser printers.

It's an orthochromatic film with deep red and IR sensitivity (the curves I've seen extend out to about 850 - 900nm), though its contrast is REALLY HIGH; some of the curves for contrast are pretty darned close to vertical - but maybe this can be tamed? The prices are a bit more than X-Ray film, but it's still not bad ...
    I would think its a lithographic film doped with an IR sensitizer. I'll bet its supposed to be processed in a lith developer too. Best bet then would be to use the same techniques used to get pictoral contrast out of litho film and microfilm using a POTA developer or very dilute Rodinal or HC-110
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format

Wow

Ok, my sample film arrived today, and I [of course Itook out a piece and shot it in my 120 camera] (no view camera on hand). Five free 8x10 sheets - that's 20 free 4x5s (yesss!)

All in all, the film works pretty well. It's "high speed" blue sensitive stuff; and it seems to be about ISO 25, perhaps a tad higher. It does have a blue base, which I don't like so much.

The shot camer out OK, though there was some safelight fog (put it farther away next time), but its not too bad.

I did make a hasty contact print, but it's difficult because the the negative is rather dark. I'll see what I can do.

But anyway, the resolution seems to be pretty good, and the double emulsion doesn't hurt it too badly.

The emulsion is SOFT, though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin