Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,968   Posts: 1,523,415   Online: 1077

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Tapping helps eliminate film movement.

To stop the buckling, with the shutter closed and the dark cloth over the back of the camera and film holder, remove the dark slide and wait 1-2 minutes for the buckling to take place. The make your exposure and there wil be no further buckling.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    When out using my 4x5, I once had some film buckling and couldn't reinsert my darkslide. I tilted the camera upwards and with the help of gravity, was able to salvage that piece of film.
    Diane

Halak 41

13 Critchley Avenue, PO Box 36, Monteith Ont, P0K1P0
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I've never had film buckling, but because I cut my 8x10's from a roll, my trouble (not too often thank goodness!) has been negatives falling out of the holder from being cut too small . I also started tapping them down into place before I expose (the film) and as long as they're cut right, I have no trouble with expansion from heat.

cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin